Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Team EGG logo design:)

B

broken92

I didn't say i was any good now did i?
Fair point, but how do you know Go Media shows how crap people are then, your designing graphics not re-inventing the wheel.

They are a fantastic resource, so don't knock em.

I haven't hosted any logos up yet due to just starting up.
Well when you do just keep in mind it's easy to find an excuse/ reason to slate someone's work, until someone gives you the pen and asks you to do a better job.

If I'm honest my Graphic Design Tutor told me that line, and he worked for partners (not the stationers)
Never used a Graphic Design Tutor, just followed my instincts.

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
Time is money at the end of the day, I know how long vectors take to create. If using these vector packs saves time, and lets you work quicker. You'd be thick not to use them.

James

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
Fair point, but how do you know Go Media shows how crap people are then, your designing graphics not re-inventing the wheel.

They are a fantastic resource, so don't knock em.

Well when you do just keep in mind it's easy to find an excuse/ reason to slate someone's work, until someone gives you the pen and asks you to do a better job.

Never used a Graphic Design Tutor, just followed my instincts.
Credits due where credits due.

But you are talking to the person getting the degree in this subject over the next three years. So I weren't generally proving that gomedia in itself is poor. I was merely pointing out how any can come up with something but design is a totally different aspect. If you don't believe me try sitting through the theory of design for a few hours.

Let's see your examples? if the Fusions one of them cool.

B

broken92

Unfortunately your degree will prove nothing mate, it's what you do in the big bad world that counts, and by the time you finish your degree in three years, web and print media and the marketing aspect of it will have changed again.

And don't get me wrong I'm not having a pop here, that's how it is.

As James said time is money and you have to get the job done, it doesn't matter how you do it, just do it.

Yes I did the Fusion logo, blank canvas, no brief, took about 14 hours.

Serves it purpose excellently, even if I do say so myself, it is instantly recognisable and if the team were a brand, it would generate brand awareness with ease, which is what a logo is meant to do.

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
Unfortunately your degree will prove nothing mate, it's what you do in the big bad world that counts, and by the time you finish your degree in three years, web and print media and the marketing aspect of it will have changed again.

And don't get me wrong I'm not having a pop here, that's how it is.

As James said time is money and you have to get the job done, it doesn't matter how you do it, just do it.

Yes I did the Fusion logo, blank canvas, no brief, took about 14 hours.

Serves it purpose excellently, even if I do say so myself, it is instantly recognisable and if the team were a brand, it would generate brand awareness with ease, which is what a logo is meant to do.
I won't argue on the Uni front ... partly because you don't know what my course prospectus is and to be honest I don't give two hoots about your opinion on it. As for calling it big bad world ... I am currently working on projects with REAL paying clients so I have a SMALL if not MEDIUM size knowledge on how to go about things. But as one of my philosophies goes each to their own, and I accept your views.

But I will give you one tip on the design front for the TEAM EGG

Why not have an open egg box with just 5 eggs in with the words TEAM EGG on the underside of the lid.

This would say the following

5 eggs = 5 man paintball

egg box = team

eggs = eggy eggy eggy :)

this could be done in a simple line drawing which i could do for you if you wished seems as though I have to prove myself these days.