Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Teams and players within 10 miles of Mitcham Surrey

Hudson'

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2003
Redhill, Surrey, England
www.cjsparks.com
Good news we got it so over the next couple of days we got allot of work ahead of us. We had a few problems with wind and the netting which we going to sort tommorow. Also we plan on getting an account with BOC gases for Air and we will be adding bunkers daily so hopefully we will have a full field by mid next week.

thehouse123

mighty boooosh
Jan 6, 2006
nice 1...i got exams both 2moz and fri...but saterday, i can cum down again and give you all a hand till its dun i guess.
peace out
mike

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Just out of interest mate roughly how much has all this cost you? Cos setting up your own training field always seems a bit daunting in the financial aspects. If you could just give me like a rough break down of what you paid for what that would be great, obviously it doesnt have to be exact, I dont mean to intrude I'm just curious as its something I've considered myself

Hudson'

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2003
Redhill, Surrey, England
www.cjsparks.com
Bad Dave - Well we will probably have most of the field setup by next wednesday with any luck, so feel free to come down then, you can give me a call on 07920558618 if your up for coming down. We open up at about 4:30 and close it all at 9 on a week day. We will offically open next sunday as our insurance won't kick in till then etc. Training Paint is £24 a Box but some people don't get on with our training paint (really does depend on setup), we can supply a mid grade paint which is very very nice for £28 a Box. Of course if you need paint on the day i need to know 2 days prior. Green fee is £5 at the moment.

Magic_8Ball - Well it is expensive to setup but it depends what you want to do. For our field its aprox 40M in lenth and 18M in width and it required a minimum of 12 posts at a cost of £15 a post. We got 2 rolls of scaffolding netting of ebay, buy it now £20 + £6P&P for 50Mx2M. Although we have a corner without netting so really need 3 rolls. We tested the netting at 1" distance firing 5 shots at 340FPS with no breaks in the netting so its more then adequete. We got 2 100M 2MM Steel wire rolls to support the netting post to post (as we put cats eyes hooks in the top of each pole) at £25 a role. We also needed 100 300MM Tie Wraps (£8)Cable Ties)) to tie the netting to the posts. And finally we needed around 100 270MM pegs (£12) to hold the netting to the floor. It took as 2 full days to set it up (very long days) although just a tip if you do use fence posts don't use the BNQ steel 750MM supports, Use melvin clark ones as the BNQ ones smash the driving tools to peices which reminds me 2 driving tools for £5 each and a large sledge hammer at £15.

Total Cost for Netting and Post setup: £373

Then you got to think about air, well with the account with BOC gases the large air cylinders (6Ft tall? 3000PSI(highest they do :()) cost £26 + VAT each + £7+VAT rental a month + £30 delivery (Thats for as many cylinders as you can fit on a truck) so not cheap.
At the moment thats what we got but eventually we are going to get a compressor at a cost of around £1500-£2500 on ebay.

Field: Well fortunatly we are manufacturing our own stuff so if you want a quote we can sort you out (all made in UK by Hand :))

Insurance: Still waiting for a quote so let ya know.

Then you got a little bit of maintence like replacing netting etc so thats somthing you will have to work out for your self.

Hudson'

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2003
Redhill, Surrey, England
www.cjsparks.com
Well after allot of thought we have decided to get rid of the BOC gases account and get a nice compressor setup. Been talking to a guy today about it and hes willing to come down and install it all so its lever operated etc and all setup professionally with training :) We've also been getting on with a couple of bunkers to things are coming together.

Hudson'

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2003
Redhill, Surrey, England
www.cjsparks.com
Hi guys just a little update, unfortunatly due to me and rickey (other partner in breakout) losing our everyday jobs we have been having abit of financial trouble lately and obviously getting a loan for a compressor and other bits has been abit out of the question. This means that we will only have basic facilities at the site for the moment. Although I have sorted out another job now its a little too late for this weekend. If anyone does want to come this sunday the site will be open although we are filling up of scuba cylinders and 1 boc gases cylinder so 3000 psi I'm afraid. Hopefully we will have all our facilites set up by the following sunday though but it would be nice to see a few faces this weekend.
Green fee is £8 and paint is availible at £24 a box or £26 for mid grade stuff. Need to know no later then thursday if you are coming and if you need paint. Expected to have about 8 people there at the moment.