Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Teams in Yorkshire?

Rottweiler

Jun 17, 2015
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking that I'd like another hobby, and looking back at the things I've done, paintballing certainly fits the bill as an active, adrenaline-fuelled box ticker. I've played dozens of times for parties, stag-do's, etc. I presume the best way to get started is to join a team, so are there any Yorkshire teams out there willing to possibly take on a potential new member?

I'm 21, I have my own transport, and I'm in the central Yorkshire area, on the doorstep of YPC actually, although I've never played there!

It goes without saying that I don't want to dive in, in terms of equipment, etc, so I'd like to meet some people with knowledge, and get to know about things first, check out if it's for me (which I think it will be, every time I have been, I have really enjoyed it). I am someone who does like to do some research before hand, but I'd much rather pay that bit more and get something of higher quality.

I notice some of the forums are quite slow-moving, a lot of posts near the top being rather old. Is this presumably because more people have moved to social media?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I notice some of the forums are quite slow-moving, a lot of posts near the top being rather old. Is this presumably because more people have moved to social media?
A little. But also, the whole sport is experiencing a down turn somewhat. Forums (in my view) are still one of the best ways to communicate and have lots of topics structured and organised. The forum is Policed aswell, which facebook isnt. We will try to protect you.

This forum is slower than it used to be, but it is far from dead. Plenty of players still use it on a daily basis. The classifieds is still pretty busy.

Welcome to the forum! (y)

Reactions: Adam Axford

Paul of Whitby

Jun 21, 2015
Hi Rottweiler like yourself I'm interested in getting involved with this hobby. I've enjoyed paintball in a similar way and have been considering this for some time. I live on the east coast, Whitby to be precise and I'm looking into milsim magfed scenarios and was hoping to find someone to take me in as a newbie.

Joe Ellis Jr

Jun 22, 2015
YPC is probalby your closest site that do scenario style games, i would suggest looking for a scenario team to join. their are a few in west/south yorkshire and one in north yorksihre

North Yorks - Spotty Dogs paintball team
Huddersfield - ACES
Leeds/sheffield - Universal Exports
also tihnk some of the army of fools are from up that way too

Caed

Jul 6, 2012
Hey Paul i'm just up the road from you, Saltburn. myself and a couple of mates are playing almost every Saturday at Pointblank and BZ in Yarm and Scotch corner.

Pointblank are running there monthly walkon this Sunday (5th) but if you don't have your own kit yet you are best coming along to BZ in Yarm, if you fancy it let me know and you can muck in with us one Saturday.

Reactions: Bolter

Shorty73

ACES TC
Hi Rottweile and welcome to the forum.

What is is your looking at getting into Woodsball/Supair. We have moved away from woodsball a little over that last year or so but are looking at recruiting new members to build it back up. Jump onto our facebook page and leave us a message and Sean our woodsball organiser will get back to you with info on games and such.

https://www.facebook.com/ACESpb?ref=hl

Reactions: Bolter

Rottweiler

Jun 17, 2015
Thanks for your replies everyone. Apologies for my slow reply, I have been in the process of relocating back to the UK in the last few weeks, so I've been rather busy. I'm pretty settled now :D

Hi Rottweile and welcome to the forum.

What is is your looking at getting into Woodsball/Supair. We have moved away from woodsball a little over that last year or so but are looking at recruiting new members to build it back up. Jump onto our facebook page and leave us a message and Sean our woodsball organiser will get back to you with info on games and such.

https://www.facebook.com/ACESpb?ref=hl
Thanks Shorty, that looks just the ticket! I've liked your Facebook page. If you're recruiting, then say no more! I'll get onto the Facebook page!

Thanks everybody :D

Laidbackslack

Aug 2, 2015
West Yorkshire
Hi guys, New to the forum.....I'm 25 and used to Marshall a few years back in Lincolnshire, moved back to west Yorkshire now and keen to get back into the game! Any local teams looking for players?

Woodsball/supair not really fussed just want to find my footing with it again!

A point in the right direction would be much appreciated