Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

teams n stuff

p8ntballr07

Iron Baller
Jul 31, 2002
www.mnpropaintball.com
anyone with a team how long did it take for you to get sponsered by companies, because me and my friends are trying to start a team and were wondering how many years it will take before we can get sponsered and then get really good. also we would like to get into amataur before going off to college(i am in eith grade) is that possible?

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by p8ntballr07
anyone with a team how long did it take for you to get sponsered by companies, because me and my friends are trying to start a team and were wondering how many years it will take before we can get sponsered and then get really good.
I think you may have things the wrong way round here - you have to get really good THEN get sponsored, and even then it's not guaranteed.
Remember that producers of paintball goods such as kit & paint are actually in it for a business rather than just to support any team that wants help. As such, you need to persuade them that it will be to their financial benefit in the long run to sponsor you, as opposed to all the other teams running about out there.
Things that seem to infulence sponsors favorably towards a team include :
Good results, at whatever level they are playing at
Loyalty, e.g. always praise the product & never be rude about it in public, not using a rival's products
High profile for the right reasons - e.g. NOT for fighting/arguing with marshalls, but for things like always helping others out, politeness, general good manners, not cheating

Then, when you can prove this little lot to a potential sponsor, be grateful for any assistance they give you. One or two cases of paint every tournament you play, or maybe a small discount on kit, is just about all a novice team can expect, DON'T try to demand full paint sponsorship, or someone supply the whole team with top of the range markers for free just 'cause you've won Division 7 in the Kent League on the 25th time of trying:D