Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

teams today....

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
the point im trying to make, and im really only talking about teams that get FREE stuff (no matter how small it may be) is that, they want to be sponsored like other sporting professionals, but a large proportion of them dont know how to behave like professionals.

A team should never accept any sponsorship. no matter how large or small, if they dont want to be tied to a company and/or its associated products.

If you wanna use a product that suits YOU as an individual, and your team mate prefers to play with another brand of the same product, then dont accept sponosrship.... buy your kit and use exactly what you want

The minute you accept sponosrship... particularly FREE stuff, you enter into an agreement with the sponsor and you'e obligated to fulfil your side of the deal. Which does NOT include bad mouthing the product because maybe you had a bad day..... especially because paintballers (even the big teams) will always look to blame something else (eg paint or equipment) before they look at their own shortcomings... like maybe they just didnt play well

:)

True true true - I agree 100% !

IF people wanna diss their sponsors, erhm why did they accept a deal in the first place?? If you feel a need to diss them, you must think the products is crap so then why you wanna be associated with them/that in the first place?

I actually don´t care wether it´s fully sponsored or supported teams - if you pay LESS for gear/paint whatever, you have NO right what so ever to afterwards go public and diss your sponsors - well yeah, if you loose them and THEN go out and tell the world they are crap!

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
The word 'sponsorship' is so frequently misused in paintball. People associate having sponsorship with a team's status, and that to be a 'proper' team you need to be sponsored. So teams dress up their customer loyalty schemes, bulk-buying discounts, promotional freebies and mates-rates as 'sponsorship' in order to stroke their egos. And of course the companies are happy to go along with it if it. What better customer than a fool, because a fool and his money are easily parted. "Yeah sure we're sponsoring you, that'll be £120 each please."

The delusional 99% said:
We'd like to thank our sponsors, Tesco. They did us a team sponsorship package on our crisps, coz we got the really big multi pack and it worked out cheaper. Monster munch FTW!
:rolleyes:

That's not to say I'm not grateful for good deals I've had. But they are just that, good deals. I was buying a load of stuff for a team so they gave me a discount. How is that sponsorship?! It's bulk buying.