Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

That is soooo gay

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Do you have the paper in which this was published?
Yeah, I got it in me back pocket mate, I'll get it now :)

Lovetone, whenever I post, I don't go on a prior Google mission like some, everything is from within my head and as such, I will conclude, comment, observe and finally write; which should tell you, [hopefully] that anything I do write has already been researched and studied over many years of reading.

Some of what I write is factual and can't be debated, and some concluded from the information I have read but EVERYTHING I write will be a derivative of rational thinking.

Sometimes when I am involved in a thread and get into it with someone like teklofty, I have to stop because people like him irritate me soo much because they do not possess the equipment to keep up and default to absurd positions just to keep the debate going.
I know this sounds arrogant and I suppose it is mate but I don't force people like him to get involved, they do it of their own volition, I just wish their intellect matched their enthusiasm.

Anyway, I will try to find some information that you can peruse yourself regarding genetic components of homesexuality...

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
I should confirm that I am asking out of genuine interest, and also to niallist who claims to have read this recent scientific research.

I am a trained biologist and whilst I dont specialize in genetics I would like to read about it. I searched Pubmed and couldnt find a reference that satisfied the claims.

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
Whilst I wouldn't compare it to hare lips and the like it is widely believed that it is nature over nurture and to be honest I do not have any specific scientific evidence to back up. Just an accumulation of knowledge and observation.

There was a programme on BBC 2 recently with John Barrowman (stay with me on this) called The Making of Me which featured some scientists who have done research in this area.

Have a gander at that and you should get some names to have a look at.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6a01p_the-making-of-me-john-barrowman-1-o_shortfilms

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Without looking at this yet, I will say I'm very skeptical as to the integrity of the research, but might take time to investigate. John Barrowman is a hateful cnut though....cheers

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I should confirm that I am asking out of genuine interest, and also to niallist who claims to have read this recent scientific research.

I am a training biologist and whilst I dont specialize in genetics I would like to read about it. I searched Pubmed and couldnt find a reference that satisfied the claims.
Lovetone, if you are biologist then you will already be familiar with genetic work done on drosophila and you will also appreciate that results on drosophila aren't absolute in terms of translating them to humans but they are a fairly good indicator because of the DNA commonalities.
Now I seem to remember work done by a couple of guys called Odenwald and Zhang but I ain't got time to source it right now but it may prove fruitful :))) if you wanna go look.

Have fun !

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I think people get confused by the use of the word genetic. They probably assume it to mean that it's in the genes and as such could be passed on to the next generations.
I don't know if that's the case, but I do know there is more than plenty of evidence indicating there are physiological causes.

While homosexuality (and not fetishism!) does exist in the animal kingdom, it is still a biological anomaly. Without meaning to insult anybody, there is no biological reason for it to exist.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Have had a quick peruse, looks interesting but what I read was completely speculative, and nearly 15 years old :)
Lovetone, I'm not surprised mate, that was about the time I was reading biology :)

And if the research is robust enough, then it doesn't matter how long ago it was, just ask Crick and Watson.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think people get confused by the use of the word genetic. They probably assume it to mean that it's in the genes and as such could be passed on to the next generations.
I don't know if that's the case, but I do know there is more than plenty of evidence indicating there are physiological causes.

While homosexuality (and not fetishism!) does exist in the animal kingdom, it is still a biological anomaly. Without meaning to insult anybody, there is no biological reason for it to exist.
Exactly ...it's an aberration, nothing more.

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
Without looking at this yet, I will say I'm very skeptical as to the integrity of the research, but might take time to investigate. John Barrowman is a hateful cnut though....cheers
that's fair enough, I feel a bit daft offering it up for evidence but in the programme are some proper scientists who have done proper research. They've got White coats and everything!