Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

the age old question: Impulse or Cocker

How

Back for good
Jul 1, 2002
Bucks
WALKER - READ ME

This come from the impulse owners group, a large group of people who share impy info:

Can I install a LPR and a VFF on the same Impulse?

No, functionally the VFF will negate the LPR.

When a VFF is installed correctly it will separate the air supply that feeds the valve chamber and the solenoid. Even though they are separated, they still function at the same pressure, which is the operating pressure of the Impulse.

When an LPR is installed correctly, again the air supplied to the solenoid is separated from the air that is supplied to the valve, but in this case, the solenoid air supply is at a lower pressure than the operating pressure of the Impulse. Often the solenoid is at sub 100psi while the valve pressure is above 200psi.

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Bull Shiz.......

LPR makes the bolt pressure lower to reduce kick and allows operating pressures upto 250psi, meaning greater efficiency.

you have been done over........

Walker

impulse owners group account number 09383

Jamie

How, what, why,????
Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
How, you say that an open bolt needs a higher preasure then a closed bolt to work if this is the case then why do impulses (an open bolt marker) have one of the lowest operating preassures around???

You also say that with an LPR the operating preassure of ther solonoid can be less then 100psi and since the bolt is connected to the solonoid via the ram and hammer it can operate at the same preassure.

So an open bolt does NOT need to have a higher operating preassure.

Walker why did you put a VFF and an LPR on your marker becuase the VFF will by pass the regulator???

I dont know much about impulses (except that they are too tall) but I agree with How, he seems to know all about wind resistance and pressure!:rolleyes:

Anyway the age old question was cockers versus mags, and for the benefit of anyone who wasnt there automags won in extra time...

Now your all enlightened im going to bed...;)

Im not a mag person, but you gotta love how they work, cockers are just glorified pump guns....:p

Plus that Bud Orr guy owes me about four spectra lenses, one for each time I had to borrow a cocker.

I think im gonna resurrect my mag so to completely hijack the thread:
Does anyone know where i can buy a vertical feed body for a reto-mag?
I looked on the AGDE site but they only sell hi rise bodies for RTpro/Emag :( :( :(
I saw some nice micromag bodies but only on american websites :(
cheers...

KEN@AFGM

Snake player of choice!
Aug 6, 2001
Brighton
Visit site
Cockers Vs Impulses

Sorry to get back to the original debate but.....

I currently own both a custom made cocker and and high end impulse. Here are my thoughts on one vs the other.

Cocker.
Pros: Excellent long shot. Very reliable if you leave them alone or get a qualified person to look at it. If you don't know what your doing then you got no business in taking it apart! Tons and tons of after market spares. Easy to pick up quality 2nd hand bits (barrels, trigger set ups etc) Usually great efficiency!

Cons: Slower rate of fire (unless you get race grip etc) fiddly components,

Impulse.
Pros: Can be quick as hell in terms of rate of fire ( I frame Magno blade etc) Ever increasing market of upgrades. Great for snap shooting. (Over a cocker anyway) Suffer slightly on long range shots (thats what i found anyway) But over all pretty damn good.
With the vision damn near impossible to chop!

Cons: Heavy, tall, sometimes unreliable (Again only if you fiddle with it!)

Overall its a personal chioce thing. At the moment i prefer my Cocker cus its got the long shot great efficiency and i can't chop a ball (Awesome set up by its creator! Basically the bolt will only rest on the ball if its partially in the breach!)

However go out there try both and see which one you like. If your like me then you will probably sit on the fence and lust over both types

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Jamie and How, explain to me what an LPR does on an Impulse please........

from your previous posts about "isolating" and "negating" it because i have an LPR is not true, you seem to think an LPR is to eliminate bolt stick. It is not, that is what my VFF does by isolating the supply of air to the solenoid and valve. An LPR is designed to regulate pressure going into the valve at a more consistent rate. It will bring the bolt pressure down reducing kickback, and means you can run your gun at higher pressures meaning more consistency. before you say "running at higher pressure will mean more chops", I have a vision eye.......

Anyway do you guys have an LPR on your impulse, if you have one :confused:

nuff said.......

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Walker (PsychoPimps)
An LPR is designed to regulate pressure going into the valve at a more consistent rate.
ermmm aint the LPR sposed to lower and control the pressure going into the ram! :D

just a quick correction there ;)