Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

the age old question: Impulse or Cocker

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Right, Sod it.

All of you go ask nick truter why he's been running an LPR on his Freak factory with a VFF?????????????????????

well and truly done over.......

but if you wanna carry on, go for it i can take it!

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Walker (PsychoPimps)
Right, Sod it.

All of you go ask nick truter why he's been running an LPR on his Freak factory with a VFF?????????????????????

Whats that in the sky?? is it a rattle??
Watch out incoming!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Living up to your nickname there mate! :eek:

Paul
:D

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Walker (PsychoPimps)
Right, Sod it.

yeah i'd guess the reason is so he can lower the cycling pressure of the bolt to make it gentler on paint and reduced kick.

As for need the VFF and all that kind guff, if the Impy had been designed right in the first place it wouldn't need it (same for the lpr mod as well!)!

Jamie

How, what, why,????
Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
A VFF is a conversion that allows you to seperate the air flow going into the Valvue and direct it straight towards to solonid, this helps prevent the solonoid from being starved of gas, however the preassure will be the same as the preassure in the rest of the gun there is no way to control it.

An lpr does basically the same thing but you can control the preassure going into the solonoid which will allow you to operate it at a lower preassure.

the vff diverts the preassure through the small hole on the bottom of the marker near the ASA which connects to the tube that runs down the side of the marker to the solonoid

the LPR fits onto the front cap (or somewhere after the main reg) the gas is then directed though the regulator and through the small cap at the front of the gun where a tape worm would be fitted, This is the same tube that the vff diverts the air flow into so you see although you are regulating the gas through the reg to the solonoid you are also letting unregulated air down the same tube so the LPR effectivly does not do anything.

its like building a dam to regulate water and the digging a channel around it having the dam there becomes pointless becuase the water is going around it.

so what your saying is that you put both on there just becuase nick trutter has one?

by the way if you want your rattle back just ask.

PS:
The vision will only stop the bolt from chopping the ball it doesn't matter what preassure you are running the gun at.

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Im not arguing the operating procedures of an impulse, im putting my point to paper (or comp. screen) because someone said the LPR doesnt do anything because i have a VFF, when in fact that is not true......

i know the VFF diverts air flow to stop it from starving the solenoid, it was originally designed to prevent bolt stick and first shot drop off.

When the ram strikes the valve it releases air through the bolt to fire the paintball, if this air is secondarily regulated (like a cocker) it will provide a more consistant airflow to the valve, making the gun more consistant. What the LPR also does is it allows the input pressure to be cranked up to 250psi, therefore you can turn your dwell down and get more shots per fill. Very rarely will you find an imp with an LPR setup running at 100psi, as you might aswell use a blowpipe regarding the amount of shots you get per fill.

Quote Jamie

"the LPR fits onto the front cap (or somewhere after the main reg) the gas is then directed though the regulator and through the small cap at the front of the gun where a tape worm would be fitted, This is the same tube that the vff diverts the air flow into so you see although you are regulating the gas through the reg to the solonoid you are also letting unregulated air down the same tube so the LPR effectivly does not do anything."

yes indeed this is true, but the idea behind the LPR isnt to regulate the solenoid pressure, but to allow the valve to have a more consistent flow of air.
BUT, the eclipse LPR optimizer uses an air check valve, kinda like a 14 way solenoid but not quite as elaborate, only letting regulated air down the solenoid channel........

Quote Jamie

"so what your saying is that you put both on there just becuase nick trutter has one?

by the way if you want your rattle back just ask."

Yes indeed the only reason i have an LPR is because i want to be nick truter..... And as for my rattle, its firmly shoved when the sun doesnt shine in your direction
:p

Chris:D

Jamie

How, what, why,????
Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
im not sure what u mean by "cut and paste" but thats not the point.

the idea of the lpr is to let you crank up the preassure to 250
+ psi as you say, because the solonoid is not designed to operate at that high a preassure so the lpr lets you regulate the air going to the solonoid to a lower preassure which in turn lets you turn up the preassure going to the valve, the lpr does not controll the preassure in the valve but the preassure going to the solonoid.

Look at the end of the day were both gonna disagree so lets just accept the fact that im right and your wrong and move on. ;) :p

PS:
in case you missed it the last part of that sentance was a joke :)