Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Bob Long G6R Thread :)

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
As you know, I have had more markers than girlfriends (ok, not really fair to say that as I am not a man-slut) but I took my G6R to my local site yesterday to tune it before next weekends UWL game :)

As you know, it is a Texas Storm 2011 G6R and I managed to sweet spot it at:

HPR - 175psi
LPR - 66psi
Poppit Type - LP Poppit
BOLT Type - Pillow
Dwell - 8ms
FPS - 275 +/-3
(Field limit is 280fps)

I was getting 4 x 140 pods per 1,000psi. I still don't think it is tuned right as I had to tune it a bit, take reg tester off (barrel won't fit on when reg tester is connected). But it was near enough.
The original BL Cert shows settings as HPR = 190, LPR=75 @285fps. Since then, it has had an LP Poppit installed.

The paint was FS Paint which was rolling through the .675 insert (only just) and was a few months old.
Had a couple of barrel breaks, but think that was down to the paint, to be honest.

I was advised I could up the HPR a tad and lower the dwell to 6ms to make it a bit more efficient, but the above settings are right there for smoothest shot.

It deffo is a lot smoother than the EGO11 I had - not as loud too - which can only be good. I found programming the board to be very easy to do - no real need for the OLED, as others have said before. Works beautifully with the Spire too, which is to be expected.

How is it to work on? Quite a bit of a bugger compared to other markers. Simple things like the eye board is needs a Philips screw driver to remove them - why not stick with Allen keys? Servicing the LPR needs a wrench and Allen key to get to the piston to service it.

Trigger-wise. I haven't shot it with the stock trigger, only the Deuce one, which to be honest, I found it hard to 'rip' with. I guess I am used to normal triggers, or I need to work on my trigger stroke.

I've got an Oring Kit on the way to me as well as a G6R Players Kit, Wire Harness, Pillow Bolt Tips, Spare Grips, Spare Eyes (2C though), Manifold Gaskets and Shrader Valves - which apparently, that should keep me going for a long time to come! I didn't order a spare feedneck, as I don't play sup air so don't slide about.

Overall view - efficiency is good... but it hasn't jumped out and grabbed me by the short and curlies yet. I found when shooting my Etek4 with .50cal kit, that was more accurate. I could hit 'the spoons' easily with first shots, and when shooting a stream it was bang on the spoons pretty much every shot. Would love to see what pressures the Etek4 HPR and LPR are running at with the .50cal kit!