Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Chemical Breakdown of Paint??

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Hey,

I was just curious, have you ever gone to play paintball at the weekend, u unpack all of ure stuff and find that there's some paint that you forgot to wipe off ure goggles it's still as wet and runny as....well.....I'll leave that to ure imagination. Anyway, the paint feels really oily and stuff and I was wondering what the paint was made of and why the blasted stuff never dries??!!!

I read a thread that Sparklie Chick contributed to a while back but I can't seem to find it now and she mentioned how the outer shell of the ball was lightly coated with oil, but what about the insides??? Hmmm.......... any revelation great welcomed :D

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
It's my understanding, from several articles online and in magazines, that the major content of a paintball is by-products from the fish and animal processing business.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Pretty sure it's a form of vegetable oil, so it should act pretty much like very thick cooking oil which gets everywhere & never dries. All the materials in a paintball are supposed to be non-toxic & environmentally friendly, they won't poison you but just taste vile.

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
*sigh* :rolleyes: No, no, not hydroscopic (a hydroscope is a device for veiwng underwater). Paintballs are hydrophillic, meaning they absorb water.
I'd say it's about time someone made a nice tasting paintball, minty , for preference :D

um ......

The shell and to some extent the fill are made using gelatine and it's a complex juggling act to balance the exact amount in each, the fill in diablo at any rate is a vegitable based dye.

Yes they taste awful, people and animals have eaten them. And lived.

Zap did at some time make flavoured paint so I am told apple , banana.

They are harmless but do melt nail varnish unfortunatly don't do the job properly so you still need a remover:(

I did take the varnish off my kitchen table with hell fire and it stained the wood so my advise just in case is always clean it off.;)