The Claw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
I use this grip, ever since i got my Geo. Doesn't work with a lot of guns. It helps keep the gun steady and feels tighter whilst moving. Don't see anything wrong with it myself, i shoot faces, nuff said :cool:

Tighter whilst moving?
Can you be a bit more specific.

Call me old fashioned but Ive always used tight as word (during paintball games anyway) to define playing a bunker close whilst not exposing much of onesself to the opposing players.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
what does it matter? how they hold their gun? its just a matter of preference and if they shoot fools then its all good

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
Tighter whilst moving?
Can you be a bit more specific.

Call me old fashioned but Ive always used tight as word (during paintball games anyway) to define playing a bunker close whilst not exposing much of onesself to the opposing players.
Tight as in locked in position, not wobbling about.

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
Now, let me start this thread by saying Im aware you can get banned for mocking people for doing this....however, Im not going to do that. I will use one anonymous picture to highlight my point, but I by no means know this person or think they post here.
If they are offended I will remove it.

So, here goes.
What the FUDGE is all this about:

Exhibit 1: The Claw.
http://yilkee.net/cpg/displayimage.php?album=40&pos=92
oh and just for fun here is the 3rd frame down in the album. Yes he got shot out his bunker. I might see a correlation here? http://yilkee.net/cpg/displayimage.php?album=40&pos=94

Seriously this cant be a good way to hold a marker?! You cant even SEE down the barrell.
I want to know where this trend came from, why, and when it will go away.

Pawing I can understand, or putting your thumb over the front of the breach/barrel back, but this way of holding a marker is just plain wrong.

Please put an end to this.
Generally i think you need to watch people play with this grip in action more rather than judging by the pics. It really makes little difference. Aslong as everything is kept in a small profile generally, and you can snap in and out quickly, its all good. No different from any other grip.

Nickeroo

Honorary Canadian
May 16, 2007
Wales
Lol thread, don't know why I read this... Lovetone, give me the past 3 minutes of my life back :p

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Generally i think you need to watch people play with this grip in action more rather than judging by the pics. It really makes little difference. Aslong as everything is kept in a small profile generally, and you can snap in and out quickly, its all good. No different from any other grip.
I have and tried it as have numerous people I know, all conclude its not good.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
but the fact of that it wont feel natural to you doesnt help much? where as it will feel natural for others.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Im inclined to beleive it is a fad or fashion and people can think what they like; my opinion is they look stupid and whatever is said, it impairs your ability to aim the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.