Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The conclusion of the Amsterdam Inccident...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Kevin
I have a question,
if a ban is implemented is it for the next event in the series ?
As an example :
my team is only playing campaign, if one of us did something really stupid (not that we would!) and got a ban for a tourny it wouldn`t be worth anything if we were not playing the whole series.

Well it would have applied to the next in the series had the adjudication been quicker but the judgement came through way too late to implement it for Toulouse.
All the arrangements for Toulouse like flights, hotels etc, have to be made well in advance as you know, and if the judgement had come thru before Backlash had made them, then I wouldn’t have been able to play.
But they didn't !!!
Not my problem, I'm afraid, go knock on the door of the disciplinary board if you got a probem with that.
It just means I am unable to play the Swedish Millennium instead of the French.

Robbo

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Still doesn't answer the question for the smaller team (as Kevin asked) that may only play Campaign (not all the others)

What would happen would they be banned from next years event or how would it work?

Just curious really.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Tom Tom
Still doesn't answer the question for the smaller team (as Kevin asked) that may only play Campaign (not all the others)
What would happen would they be banned from next years event or how would it work?
Just curious really.
Well, the penalty would have to carry over to the next year otherwise it would be a 'free for all' come the Campaign Cup.
The fact that this team may only play the Campiagn Cup is their problem not the board's but the penalty would have to be actioned however few they play.
Robbo

Jesus - go away for a weekend...

... and look what happens.

First off - Kevin...
Normally a tournament ban - when we are talking about a player being suspended - will be in effect for the next tournament your team plays in. So if you only play the CC every year, then the next time the team you play on decides to take part, thatis when you will be suspended. So it may take a year - but the suspension will be served.

Second - Why Sweden...
As Robbo stated, the disciplinary committee decided that - due to the short notice - it would be an extra punishment to suspend the players for Toulouse. We did this in order to be fair to both players & teams. The "investigation" may have taken a little longer than it should - however I am sure people would rather that we get things right - than rush to judgement (which there was also a call for - which we ignored).

Everything else...
We will have no problem suspending a "star" player - we are not the organizers, and that is why we where brought into existence. We have been assured by the organizers that our word is the final decision - if this turns out to be false, then I hate to say it, but it won't be my problem because the second an organizer overules one of our decisions then I will no longer be involved. In order for this to work we have to maintain independance from the organizers - so basically it is up to them.

My question in regards to all of this is aimed at Robbo - please don't take this personally it is in NO way meant as an attack - just curious and I understand you have a business to run.

If a major sponsor would pull out of the Millennium series because of the suspension of a "star" would you be as critical towards them in PGI and risk losing advertising form say Diablo/Draxxus?

goose

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Thank you:D

"The fact that this team may only play the Campiagn Cup is their problem not the board's but the penalty would have to be actioned however few they play." = Robbo

This I understand and agree with. I also agree with the idea of a standard set of rules and regulations (including punishment guidelines) as has already been discussed.

It is something that needs to be discussed in a pro-active manor rather than re-active to such a situation as now because the question of "fame" is being brought into it and personal grievances seem to be coming into play with some people on one side and then another.

Hope it all works out for the best!!

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
I'm ill at home, tha question ain't aimed at me

but what tha hell...

Check out tha last few PGIs...Robo doesn't go easy on Dynasty for their shoddy marshalling, Antman reported on players suspensions on Lanche an' GZ. All these guys major sponsors support PGI but tha mag hasn't ignored these incidents.

If, in a hypothetical instance, Matty Marshall whacked a guy and you guys suspended him, and then tha SC Men took umbrage at this and pulled out of the event, then PGI would comment on it? Sure...tha extent of that comment though, like you say yourself in reference to tha committee's decisions, would be limited unless one of tha PGI guys actually saw what went on, or we had good, unbiased eyewitnesses who we trusted that commented upon it.

I think that if none of these were present, but the committee made a ruling, PGI would probably report on tha facts but refrain from editorial comment...I think PGI realizes it has a part to play in all of this too.

I'm goiong back2bed

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
try again...

If, in a hypothetical instance, Matty Marshall whacked a guy and you guys suspended him, and then JT pulled their sponsorship of tha Millennium directly because of that, would PGI would comment on it?

If one of our guys saw tha incident, or credible eyewitnesses did, I'd guess we would talk to all relevant parties including JT and find out their reasoning and then comment on it in the magazine.

So I guess the answer to your question is yes, we would risk losing advertising if we were 100% convinvced that a company tried to strongarm a disciplinary committee out of making a just and fair decision.

I'm done.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Jesus - go away for a weekend...

Originally posted by goose
Robbo ..If a major sponsor would pull out of the Millennium series because of the suspension of a "star" would you be as critical towards them in PGI and risk losing advertising from say Diablo/Draxxus?
goose

Hmmmn, Goose, could you imagine the flack I would take and of course Rancid, TJ, Duffy and Ant, if we did ignore such a circumstance ?
No thanks mate, I would much rather lose a few quid than let myself in for all that ****.
That said, I do not believe any industry figure would impose any such restrictions on us and consequently leave themselves open to attack from all quarters.
Things like that have a habbit of leaking out believe me and once that happened, all hell would break loose for all involved.
Oh and by the way, we did have one such instance a few years back where we were threatened if we did publish something about an event they would suspend their advertising.
We went ahead and thankfully they still advertised with us but the point was well made.
Robbo