Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The CPPS 2011 league table

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
simply take time to walk in a refs shoes for 1 tournament and your outlook would be changed for the rest of your time playing paintball..
I did just that yesterday, and I can fully appreciate what your talking about. My view on reffing has dramatically changed, its much harder than I expected. Getting players shouting at you on field and spectators giving you grief off field, is a constant struggle and calling bunkering moves was a nightmare. I noticed yesterday its the same teams that played fair and called themselves out, and the same teams that were very vocal and, shall we say, pushed the boundaries of the rules.

Feb 6, 2010
I am thinking of some rules of my own as I am always right as you all know :)

I think the 'one coach, one voice' rule (on the pits side) is a good one - seemed to calm everything down and players could actually hear clear instructions.

I also get fed up of having Captains meetings only for 50% of the captains to turn up - so....roll call at Captains meeting, any Captains not there then their team has a points deduction

I am on a roll now so will have a think and come back to this post

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
Playing at CPPS Yesterday was the very BEST as It brought out all the good players to mix It up with the New Rules and how it should have been in the first place , with the Refs taking charge and not the players, Taking No **** from inside Or being influenced by the outside, Fields 4 and 5 for playing M5 are normally rubbishly Marshalled with bad calls in all directions being given, pushing players and Teams away with them thinking " Sod this for a game of laughs, for the money and time I`d just as well go somewhere else " .....HOWEVER ! ! ! Yesterday 09th October was the Total reverse with the Refs > on the Ball > sharp > Fun to have around > put back what was So much needed, with Guys being a Ref properly not some dick with No brain or balls just turning up just to earn some money. Once this was registering into every player out there yesterday every player had to think twice about playing on , knowing they`ve got shot, No-one likes to get 1 for 1 , and in turn Turned up the skill factor in the playing, if you looked around on and off the field the FUN Factor was re-injected into playing Paintball. > > > To everybody , to every Man/Woman that was there yesterday ... Thank You....Bluey www.care-bears-uk.com

despite that i had one player wipe a hit off him right infront of me, i should of 3-4-1'd him but with the moment i called a 1-4-1 yet he denied all of it when i was literally 2 meters away from him and watched him do it!
the cheek of some players to deny it when youve watched them do it is beyond me but mehh **** happens.

but yeah from a reffing point of view things went much smoother with the calls being given...

Reactions: Dobby

Dobby

CPPS Ref
Feb 14, 2010
Manchester
Having the refs being stricter on 1-4-1's really did cut the **** from players! I thoroughly enjoyed reffing and playing! A big thank you to everyone from me!

I remember 1-4-1'ing a guy for being about five metres away from the start-gate, and got a little bit of crap, but that was quickly sorted by my field ultimate!
The reffing was fantastic on field 2 in the PM, so a big thank you to the refs! And also to the legend that is Rich & his fantasic BOP team!

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
There is only one rule that players need to know in terms of penalties.

If you have gained any advantage since being hit or breaking other rules, it is a penalty.

This can be starting early at game on, this can be shooting a single paintball after being hit, this can be moving bunkers after being hit. All have given the player an advantage and so they should be penalised. When players realise this and follow it, plus realise the refs are following this strictly, they wont get anywhere near as many penalties. That is unless they don't care and think they can cheat all they like.

What we could really do with is a proper set of rules as we are meant to be following Millennium rules, but having looked at them just now there's not been an update since 2006 for all of the rules!

Hint hint Mark!

Reactions: Lemon and Jay Ford

DS-Azrael

Mar 2, 2009
i think to a point refs are gonna take a bit of shouting on calls, but from me thats just adrenaline, and with it being split second calls, errors are going to be made, its life, it happens, live with it. back of packs refs need to check (i for one dont have eyes in the back of my head) but shots on the guns, chest, legs, arms etc you check yourself, you walk if your hit, or you get 141'd....simplez.

Think all in all, couple of gripes, but they got sorted at the end of the match, both teams shook hands, agree'd on the final decision of the ultimate and left the field, was brilliant, and i know you were on the conf field evoo, and i said it after the round was over but i'll say it again, thanks for doing such a good job mate!!!

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
If a Marshall is standing there with his hand on his head pointing at you.... You're out.

No conversations... No.... 'Where am i hit'.... No.... 'I'm not out of bounds'

If you argue with a Ref on field and take up his time by listening to your crap, 2-4-1 them. It's the one thing that really annoys the crap out of me. You're out, you know you're out, everyone on the field knows it, everyone on the sidelines knows it. If you fail to get off the field asap, penalize them.

For the people that constantly argue all the time. Ask yourself. When has that Ref EVER changed his mind at the time of play....... Never.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
agree that being stricter is better,but there also needs to be a bit of common sense mixed in:)
my point is one of the guys i play with knew he had been shot and asked for a paint check,the marshall said he was clean but both the player and the marshall had missed a shot on his hopper. then to be 1-4-1 nd 2 seconds later was a bit harsh,when just pulling the player would have been better:)
but also what might help the marshalls is too maybe have somebody on the out side of the field watching their performance and being able too encourage them,especially the trainees ,somebody like jon boy who could pass on his knowledge.
but also if players are having problems on a certain field they could go watch and see if there are problems too solve or not:)

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
ahh biscuit i made that call on your player and i did so off my own back, i wasnt called in by anyone but went in just because the player took time getting into snake 1 and paint was flying in their direction. my 141 decision was made because i was checking the players pack and nothing else, the player knows their loader is their own concern and not mine. they had more than enough time to spin their gun over and check it themselves. i made the call and i stand by it. the player in question played on after being hit in a self check area, fair enough they didnt know the hit was there but it was and they tried to gain advantage through this (whether willingly or otherwise).