Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The death Penalty.

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
I verdantly believe there are too many risks involved in restoring the death penalty to our judicial system due to mistakes in sentencing over murder cases. In a perfect world where juries and judges were always correct then I would condone the death penalty as killing someone removes any "human rights" that person had and simply removing the freedom of the murderer still affords them the human rights removed from the victim.

On the deterrent value of killing killers, so long as one innocent life is saved because one prospective murderer was deterred then that is enough for me. The deterrent value of a death sentence cannot be calculated as there are no statistcts collated for who hasn't killed someone.

In conclusion I agree with the idea of capital punishment but until the courts are infallible the risk of one innocent person being executed is far to big to allow the death penalty to be reinstated.

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
Phil - read above mate ^^^^ it's just been said ......by the way, do you vote for the green party?

:)

greens not my colour bud my hand is being forced toward blue atm.

i realise my post agreed with your points I was just adding my oppinion on the subject.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Phil, I was just joking with ya mate...the 'green' comment was referring to your use of the word 'verdantly'.... verdant means green...I think the word you meant to use was 'vehemently' mate.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
I didnt confuse the terms mate, just expressing my personal opinion. No harm in that. and regarding your "situation" yes i still say that a life for a life. Sorry if thats hard to deal with, but its how i feel with it..
Have no idea if you have a family or young kids bud, but lets just say you have just to make an example of what your saying here...

You went shopping with Mrs. and young kids, a harmless family day out. A bunch of Chavs approached your family, slapped your kids and and threw abuse at you and your Mrs.

What do you do ?

I would be certain 100%, as a father and husband protecting your family, you would retaliate in some way, or would you just ring the cops, wait an hour whilst the offenders walk away ?

For me, i would give'em hell. Lets say you did the same like any father would in such situation.
You smacked one of those idiots so hard, he fell over the bannister dropping down onto the lower floor and dies..

A life for a life ???

Self defence protecting your family, definately not murder..

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
I believe in Holland, an offender serving prison sentence gets holidays out of prison every now and then. This was from a documentary i watched years back, but for the serious offenders, this was not an option.

I see a lot of posts saying prisoners have the luxury of Tv's etc..
Not sure if serious offenders, killers get the same priviledge ?

For less serious offenders, i can see the reasoning behind having Tv's etc.
Those who are serving only a short sentence would still need to beable to cope with normal life once released.
If all priviledges were taken from them, how would they react to a changing world in say 5 to 10 years time. I would think insanity would kick in after 2 years. Would it be safe to release them after that ?

------------------------

Pete.
Cold blooded killers will always be cold blooded regardless whether the death penalty is brought back or not.
In china, death penalty (lined up in firing squad), many get executed every week.
Those who murder, deal in drugs, etc.. get shot.
If thats not enough to scare murderers and drug dealers i dont know what will..

But....

It does'nt...

The amount of murders, and drug deals still go on...

Young kids snatched from homes and streets, at any age, limbs severed or broken resulting in diability for that childs life.
Reason you ask..
These gangs use them to beg on the streets where the tourists travel. These poor kids take there days takings back to those scums and then fed a bowl of rice.

There is no stopping a killer, theres no stopping those who wish to do harm to others.

Death penalty has never stopped or deterred any mind set to kill in other countries, i cannot see how different if it was brought back in this country.