Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The death Penalty.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
So...

It's OK to murder a murderer if the person murdered wasn't a murderer...

Any person or persons who make the decision (see below) to end the life of another who has not asked to have their life ended and has not already been found guilty of taking another persons life.

Thats sums it up does it not?

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
So...

It's OK to murder a murderer if the person murdered wasn't a murderer...

You are confusing homocide and murder.

Murder as defined in common law countries, is the unlawful killing of another human being with intent.

Homocide can be/is non-criminal when conducted with the sanction of the law.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
A bull**** point frankly ....this is about actual life and death ,no ?

You are making a distinct judgment on the sanctity of human life and the only reasoning I've heard so far is weak conjecture and wiki quotes ...

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Partly due to your post. People can kill someone else, and know that most likely in 15 years if they behave in prison they stand a pretty good chance of getting out. Where as, the death penalty would mean there is only one outcome if they are caught.
so logically you're saying that if the sentences passed down were stricter and life meant life (and so on and so forth) you would have no need for the death penalty?

So what you're actually arguing for is an appropriate sentence fitting the crime? Life in prison would be an appropriate sentence in your eyes?

In my eyes it would, murderers rapists nonces etc spending life in prison - i can't imagine anything worse being locked up like an animal for the rest of my life. Death would be easy compared to that.

jagerpirate

--East Coast NV--
Oct 26, 2007
Aberdeen
so logically you're saying that if the sentences passed down were stricter and life meant life (and so on and so forth) you would have no need for the death penalty?

So what you're actually arguing for is an appropriate sentence fitting the crime? Life in prison would be an appropriate sentence in your eyes?

In my eyes it would, murderers rapists nonces etc spending life in prison - i can't imagine anything worse being locked up like an animal for the rest of my life. Death would be easy compared to that.
but thats another problem, they're not locked up like animals are they? Yes they are locked up but other than that they are treated like you or I except you or I would have to pay for our TV licence, food, bed and entertainment.

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
A bull**** point frankly ....this is about actual life and death ,no ?

You are making a distinct judgment on the sanctity of human life and the only reasoning I've heard so far is weak conjecture and wiki quotes ...

My previous post makes my point entirely. There is a difference between taking a life legally and illegally. If you can not see this, then there is no point continuing the discussion.

That would do also, if they paid for it, eg they still had to do work, hell the old iron shackles picking up litter at the road would do.

Unfortunately due to the crap laws we have passed, life meaning life is very rarely given.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
So because at the moment sentencing is soft, rather than argue for toughening up sentencing and prison regimes, you go straight for death penalties?

You sir, are retarded.

There, I said it.

Please don't bother making a comeback, you'll only be retardeder. (that's a word from now on)

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
So because at the moment sentencing is soft, rather than argue for toughening up sentencing and prison regimes, you go straight for death penalties?

You sir, are retarded.

There, I said it.

Please don't bother making a comeback, you'll only be retardeder. (that's a word from now on)

And don't tell me what not to do, i'll do it anyway.

Incase you didn't realise this forum is for open discussion, and the topic is the death penalty. Go figure why?

(Incase you have a hard time working it out, its because its a controversial topic, and I think if I made a thread syaing "should we have harder prison sentences" it would be a thread full of "yes")

HPUKer

Entity / Shootrtv
Jan 25, 2005
www.shootr.tv
www.andyb.tv
and some of you guys thing these two murderers should be allowed to live, evidence is definite and the case has been going on since last november....

thumbs up to you guys
Why is it that people seem to think that death is the worst punishment you can give someone?

Surely it depends a lot on the person you are actually sentencing

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Why is it that people seem to think that death is the worst punishment you can give someone?

Surely it depends a lot on the person you are actually sentencing

It might not be the worst, but it means we don't have to "babysit them" untill they die.