Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Ego Prime

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I have seen one in the flesh, back at a F5 event last year (I think) when Robbo turned up. Pete took it from his car and let me hold it, didnt shoot it but just held it. Pete also took the time to tell me some of the science to it, but this clearly went over my head, or he just spoke in chinese for 5 minutes.

Was a sweet looking gun though.

(y)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hi Phil, as for the 'science' being involved?
It's just aero-dynamics and trying to induce laminar flow as much as possible to cut down on turbulence consequently resulting in a more consistent velocity, and therefore a greater accuracy.

The results that Jack Wood [designer of all of Planet's markers] compiled while testing it did show a significant improvement in FPS [consistency of shot] as was shown in the data presented.
Fine-tuning air-flows is never gonna be a massive improvement in the terms of it being 30-40% or anything like that but ..... if you win a hundred meter foot race by a few centimetres, you're still the winner.
Mind you, no matter how good the mechanics/electronics you have in your marker, if you got sh!t paint, you're gonna shoot banana trajectories ... that's 'science' too :)

symes

Jul 9, 2008
lincolnshire
Used the Prime on Sunday & put through 2 boxes of paint would not chrono over 230 so ended up using my 09 which shot great
I had set the solenoid up wrong ( Rear 7 Front 5 )
So I changed them yesterday to ( Rear 3 Front 7 )
Re chronoed & was showing 278 - 282 average shooting 500 balls
Very pleased
Thanks @Robbo
image.jpg image.jpg

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well, I'm pleased you found out how to set it up correctly. As long as you get good paint, you will be shooting more accurately than others. It's an edge that you can make use of if you practice.
Have fun and thanks for the post.

Reactions: symes