Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The first days of paint ball

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
when i first played i think it was splatmaster guns and if my memory serves my right they were plastic! they were ****e and you used to buy 10 pellets at a time nd they came in a test tubey thing which slid in above the barrel.and you had to cock the gun every shot! can't remember prices but it seemed expensive at the time.
and does anyone remember the early masks? they were green plastic moulded things like a hockey mask(aka fri 13th) and you wore goggles over the top to keep it on! the other style was like a big welding mask where the visor was clear over your eyes but the rest was wire mesh.you knew it when a pellet hit coz it would split and your face and mouth would get coveredwith pellet stuff.

imagine the shock i had when i played again.even tippmanns were worlds apart from the original stuff(that doesn't mean go out and buy one pupster!!!!)

tb(retro boy)-303:)

And yep Crom-dubh those smoke grenades then were crazy,i remember one time(at band camp!!) my friend tried to throw one but it actually stuck to his hand,boy did we laugh!!!:D

Village Idiot

Barking Mad Member
Jul 11, 2001
Costa del Eastbourne
Visit site
**** I remember the PMI! Most distinctive sound of any marker and weighed a bloody ton!

I started P'ball in the early 80's, first time at HOGS near Horsham (Holmbush) pissed down all day long, and I mean stair rods! Site run by Josie Wales (nice big blokey) and some other guy (not so nice thin blokey)

Used a site pump marker, what a piece of ****e. Spent a fortune, shot no one except myself in the foot in the safe area during lunch! (Safe Eh?)

Bought a S/hand Thunderbolt. Now there was a marker. Bloody lethal! Attached two elastic hair clips to the pump grip to save me pumpin' twice
Had no idea about velocity or CO2 etc. First time out, shot a punter in the side of the head. Must have been runnin' at 400 fps cause he went down like a sack of spuds. When he came round he had two heads! (Yes, the lump was even bigger than his head) He went home crying.

Thought to move on, bought a Tippman at the Mayhem Masters the year the Tippman was launched in the UK. Played tournies as a member of Boys from the Dwarf with that, got hot gun penalties regularly (bloody thing). Tippman hated the cold too, snow came out the barrel.

Eventually went for an AutoMag, bought from good old Bob and Baz's shop in Epsom (remember them?) Good Marker!

Then onto an arse kickin' red and gold Autococker and the rest, as they say, is history..........