Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The inevitable Zombie apocalypse thread

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I would also be hella disappointed if there is no zombie apocalypse. I think that's my ideal theatre of life. I would thrive for sure. I'm almost prepared so if it could kick off in about 12 months that would be great...

So excited man - My crossbow arrives today. I'm going to the archery centre to begin my training this weekend. I'll get my sights worked out using my laser-bore device and zero in at 50' for effective head-shots. I've ordered 3 dozen bolts for it, plus it comes with a few. Gonna try to mount a green day-laser and red dot with 3x magnifier behind it, to give me a choice of close or mid-range kills.

I'll post a pic once it's set-up.

And you won't regret getting the battle shovels. Cold Steel also make a 'trench-hawk', and they make legit Katana's too, not the ally ones - the real deal. I already have their AK47 folding knife, which is awesome.

I've wanted to buy an archery set for quite a while, I used to be a reasonable shot at the activity camps etc. The bonus of running a paintball site is that you have acres of guaranteed free space to play on :D

Pistol crossbows are deadly too, not accurate but that's not to say they won't go the distance. I let a bolt fly once, was VERY surprised by how far it went.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
I've said before, stock up on tins, toilet roll and Breaking Bad box sets, and wait for the maggots to do their work.

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
Here's a question, do you think chemicals weapons like anthrax and cerin gas would have any affect at all on an infected population?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Got my crossbow. It's awesome. So far I've deployed a 2x42 red/green dot and a 20mw green day-laser on it.
Only problem is I have a slipped disc and can't actually draw it. It has a 180lb draw weight and you have to 'put your back into it' in order to arm the weapon....

It will be a week or so before I'm physically able to get it out to the range to get it zeroed on properly. It feels like it is going to shoot for miles. These things aint light either...

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Got my crossbow. It's awesome. So far I've deployed a 2x42 red/green dot and a 20mw green day-laser on it.
Only problem is I have a slipped disc and can't actually draw it. It has a 180lb draw weight and you have to 'put your back into it' in order to arm the weapon....

It will be a week or so before I'm physically able to get it out to the range to get it zeroed on properly. It feels like it is going to shoot for miles. These things aint light either...

Isn't there a kind of hand crank drawing system you can get for those? Obviously not as quick but would save you some pain in the long term.........

Sounds epic by the way, what model??

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Isn't there a kind of hand crank drawing system you can get for those? Obviously not as quick but would save you some pain in the long term.........

Sounds epic by the way, what model??
Not sure on the model, I ordered WHL, on spec rather than brand. This is 7.85lb's, 350fps, 180lb draw (in 'tactical' black), and has the undermounted quiver for 6 bolts. Cost me $169 + tax. I got 2 different length bolt options for it and don't know yet how differently they will perform. Now I can shop for the bolt tips - they do some really gnarly ones that I like the look of.
I'll report back once I have actually shot the thing. I did take some pics this morning but they came out a bit crap.

It was the draw-weight that attracted me to this one. You can get 40 and 80lb draw bows but they are really for kids/camps and won't penetrate hide. 180lbs will go through 3/4" of wood and keep going.
When you put something down, you don't want it getting back up again...

You can get the cranks but it adds a whole lot more weight. This is already heavier than an AR15. If I find I like it I'll look for a lighter weight model with the same draw. Can't wait to cap some watermelon ass with this thing soon!!