Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The inevitable Zombie apocalypse thread

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Every forum seems to have one so here is ours.

A mate of mine is absolutely convinced there WILL be an outbreak of something. Not necessarily zombies or whatever but a mutation/military experiment/plague/social collapse of some kind.

In a way, I can see his logic. Rioting in London over what eventually came to be proven was the killing of one of Europe's most wanted criminals, economic hardship as seen in countries like Greece where austerity measures sparked riots.

We're lucky in the UK that we don't have much in the way of natural disasters ie earthquakes and hurricanes on a frequent basis. I remember reading about the aftermath of New Orleans and hurricane Katrina (I think it was Katrina anyway) and all the Martial law, people being stabbed and robbed in the emergency evacuation centres, gangs roaming the streets and people who lived in the mountains being afraid to switch on their generators because it attracted desperate survivors and worse, looters.

What are your thoughts? Where would you run to? Would you dig in? really how long could you hold out in the hypothetical society where rule of law has gone to pot? Would you kill to survive? Would you kill to eat? Go it alone or try to link in with people for safety in numbers?

Assume the absolute worst that water and electricity are cut off.

Personally, I live in a small rural community which is close knit and away from major population centres so I reckon we'd be ok for longer than your average Joe.

Remember, it's all only hypothetical, not necessarily referring to the belief in zombies, i'm only using the Z word to illustrate the idea!!

Reactions: Chaz987

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
I'd kill to survive, and I'd do anything to protect me and my family.

I've being thinking about stuff like this, after watching YouTube videos about survival and what people have in there bug out bags. Makes me think that I'm not prepared at all if anything happens whether it's zombies or natural disaster.

I'd try to meet up with people, definitely safer in numbers

We need more renewable energy in the country, we rely on fossil fuels way too much. I think we also rely on the internet too much

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Yeah, I've seen a bit about these bug out bags. I do keep a few bits (shovel, space blanket, water, couple of energy bars) in the car in case of another bad winter like the one a few years back but it wouldn't get me far as a "bug out" vehicle! It's more in case I get caught in a traffic jam or stuck on the side of the road.

I've had some strange life experiences, some of which led me to carry bits and pieces I *might* need but it's not preparing for the end of the world or anything!!

What I do carry is a basic first aid kit, some lemsips. I also carry a couple of cup a soups in my rucksack to work, I've been known to frequently forget to lift money for lunch while rushing to get to work on time :oops:

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Firstly I want a weapon in every food-group, sharing calibres where possible. I would stick to 9mm and 556 rounds as these should be these easiest to find, . I may keep a 762/308 rifle too. All this is easy in the US but trickier in the UK.
The UK would be a bloodbath, the population just would not be able to defend itself against anything but the weakest attacks. Those with guns would rule, which is not good news when you consider that criminals are the only public with guns...

I want a vacant rural property in Canada's Thousand Island area, with a good external field of fire, fences, and its own generator, Such as a country school. Failing that, a rural police station. The thousand island area has over 8000 islands, mostly inhabited by the wealthy. All have nice boats - it's a fisherman's paradise and an area it would be difficult to starve in. While the winter would freeze most of the lake and make me vulnerable, I will still be able to drive my Toyota Tundra across the ice, and the zombies are unlikely to as be active in -35c weather conditions.

I want to be part of a team of about 12 equally well equipped individuals, not that one guy in a group that's supposed to keep people alive. I've already established a lot of those relationships and I do have guys that I know will tool me up when the **** hits. You can't use more guns that you can carry and my contacts have huge collections.
Clothing is vital:
Very good gloves and adequate padding and protection for those close melee's.
A tactical vest with ceramic plates to offer vital organ protection against other armed survival groups.
Warm Clothing and lots of blankets
For stockpiling I would go with dried food, ammunition, warm clothing and diesel fuel. Ammo & Fuel will become currency. Cash will be worthless. The great lakes are fresh-water and that would just need to be boiled.
Basic training at this stage should centre around the control of resources. For example, you need to be a good shot BEFORE ammo is scarce, so proficiency with weapons is a must. You need to be able to hit a head-sized target at 100 yards and that's actually harder than it sounds. I would want my scopes sighted in and all my irons adjusted to varying distances around my camp so that I can be sure of a one-shot kill as often as possible.

I would establish contact and trade with other local groups, but would not join them outright. Large groups attract too much attention from marauders, and I want our group to be able to up and move with an hours notice. I would have a fenced walkway from my HQ to my dock, to keep that escape route open at all times, should it be needed.

I see the main danger coming from other groups that want what we have. I would be ruthless in defending my territory and would not hesitate to wipe out intruders to the last man if I thought they posed any threat to my group whatsoever.
I already have 6 months worth of dried food stored in my house, and I actually have an atom-bomb shelter, although I've never been inside it.
I'm buying a tactical crossbow today. Once I get it I'm going to become a proficient shot with it at medium distance, and it will take it's place in my survival arsenal.

I still need a doctor for my group. I see that as vital, but I don't know any. may have to kidnap one when it kicks off. I'd be doing him a favor anyway!

Reactions: Garideon and Dusty

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
Firstly I want a weapon in every food-group, sharing calibres where possible. I would stick to 9mm and 556 rounds as these should be these easiest to find, . I may keep a 762/308 rifle too. All this is easy in the US but trickier in the UK.
The UK would be a bloodbath, the population just would not be able to defend itself against anything but the weakest attacks. Those with guns would rule, which is not good news when you consider that criminals are the only public with guns...

I want a vacant rural property in Canada's Thousand Island area, with a good external field of fire, fences, and its own generator, Such as a country school. Failing that, a rural police station. The thousand island area has over 8000 islands, mostly inhabited by the wealthy. All have nice boats - it's a fisherman's paradise and an area it would be difficult to starve in. While the winter would freeze most of the lake and make me vulnerable, I will still be able to drive my Toyota Tundra across the ice, and the zombies are unlikely to as be active in -35c weather conditions.

I want to be part of a team of about 12 equally well equipped individuals, not that one guy in a group that's supposed to keep people alive. I've already established a lot of those relationships and I do have guys that I know will tool me up when the **** hits. You can't use more guns that you can carry and my contacts have huge collections.
Clothing is vital:
Very good gloves and adequate padding and protection for those close melee's.
A tactical vest with ceramic plates to offer vital organ protection against other armed survival groups.
Warm Clothing and lots of blankets
For stockpiling I would go with dried food, ammunition, warm clothing and diesel fuel. Ammo & Fuel will become currency. Cash will be worthless. The great lakes are fresh-water and that would just need to be boiled.
Basic training at this stage should centre around the control of resources. For example, you need to be a good shot BEFORE ammo is scarce, so proficiency with weapons is a must. You need to be able to hit a head-sized target at 100 yards and that's actually harder than it sounds. I would want my scopes sighted in and all my irons adjusted to varying distances around my camp so that I can be sure of a one-shot kill as often as possible.

I would establish contact and trade with other local groups, but would not join them outright. Large groups attract too much attention from marauders, and I want our group to be able to up and move with an hours notice. I would have a fenced walkway from my HQ to my dock, to keep that escape route open at all times, should it be needed.

I see the main danger coming from other groups that want what we have. I would be ruthless in defending my territory and would not hesitate to wipe out intruders to the last man if I thought they posed any threat to my group whatsoever.
I already have 6 months worth of dried food stored in my house, and I actually have an atom-bomb shelter, although I've never been inside it.
I'm buying a tactical crossbow today. Once I get it I'm going to become a proficient shot with it at medium distance, and it will take it's place in my survival arsenal.

I still need a doctor for my group. I see that as vital, but I don't know any. may have to kidnap one when it kicks off. I'd be doing him a favor anyway!
Doesn't look like you've thought about it much ;)

Agree with the marauders. Zombies are easy to kill. But defending against other people trying to survive is going to be tough

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
If it broke out and the crap hit the fan, here would be my ideal situation:
"Borrow" someones yacht or ship ( whatever, something that can live a few people happily ) protected from the outside world. have it with a little fuel inside, and have a BIG rope tied to the shore pulled out out a few hundred yards length, then anchor that baby down so those undead mofo's cant get near. Then when you run out of initial supplies, go to shore and try and find some! The ship would prefferably located by a sea town near the south as to avoid all those damn storms!

Equipment wise id have a couple of small machete's for all sorts of buisness, a fire axe, a few semi auto pistols like the glock 17 ( my hands are too small for the bigger one ) and of course, the ultimate sneaky mcsneaks weapon, a crossbow witha PLENTIFUL supply of arrows, that would be my main concern. Ontop of that would be the essetials like food and water, first aid kits and the like. Id also keep plenty of whiskey as strong disenfectants would be looted straight away ! ( and also for those cold winter nights )

I know this sounds bad, but i would kill pretty much anyone for their stuff if we were running low, and if it was looking desperate probably drag their corpse back for some noms aswell! i'd end up being some crazy bandit.

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Quite eerily i've realised I already have a couple of items people are mentioning. I already have a couple of machetes, they're the only thing which I've found capable of clearing windbush at the site. I also have a pistol crossbow with a load of aluminium and plastic bolts..... bought it years ago for £30!!

Reactions: PBWill

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Doesn't look like you've thought about it much ;)

Agree with the marauders. Zombies are easy to kill. But defending against other people trying to survive is going to be tough
I think about it all the time!
In today's society we can't openly hate on other nationalities, religions or classes of people, or we are monsters. Zombies provide the perfect vehicle for hate, and of course, combat preparedness.
I don't care who comes, so long as I am ready when they do, and I have a bigger stick than they do.
In the past 3 years I have focused on buying things that are useful but are also weapons. One of my recent purchases is a Spetsnaz special forces 'battle-shovel'. Its a great shovel for the garden, but is also sharpened to a razor's edge and used proficiently by the soviets as a throwing and melee weapon. Its also small enough to be carried on a duty-belt. Cold Steel make them if anyone is interested.
A boat is only as good as where you moor it, and a sail-boat is a far better option.

Reactions: Garideon

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Here are a few things to think about including in any apocalypse prep:

Do you know how to hotwire a car?
Do you have a foot-pump operated syphon system that will allow you to quickly drain fuel from abandoned vehicles?
Boats are great, but do you know how to pilot one?
Store seeds. They last for years and will help you grow that first crop.
The crow-bar will likely be your most used tool as you forage for supplies. Have it double as a weapon by sharpening one end to a point.
What will you do with the bodies once you kill your attackers? death brings disease, and more zombies.
Does your retreat have a clear field of fire for 100 yds in every direction? (vital)
Where is your fall-back camp? You should always have one camp you live in, and another that is already prepped as a secondary base, with buried weapons/supply cache.

I could do this all day...

Reactions: Garideon

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
This is all lovely and great and all but be realistic, how many of us could actually lay hand on many of these things? How many people could actually make it to the coast? Is there somewhere reasonably accessible to you which you would consider a "secure" primary camp?