Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Legend - Nemesis Odyssey .....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The Phantom was a pump action and the Legend / Nemesis was semi-auto and so any similarities was at best, cosmetic.
However, it did emulate the single body valve system which the Phantom possessed.
I would think Tom Kaye's Automag was closer to the Phantom in its design but I'm not really sure if there was a deliberate design similarity that had the Nemesis copying the Phantom.
I'm afraid the Nemesis was a prime example of 'All show, no go'.

Reactions: Evil Rich

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Yea I've still got nearly two of them in bits in a box, had a half hearted attempt at getting them going but it seems like the delrin in them has actually swollen over time.

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
The Phantom was a pump action and the Legend / Nemesis was semi-auto and so any similarities was at best, cosmetic.
However, it did emulate the single body valve system which the Phantom possessed.
I would think Tom Kaye's Automag was closer to the Phantom in its design but I'm not really sure if there was a deliberate design similarity that had the Nemesis copying the Phantom.
I'm afraid the Nemesis was a prime example of 'All show, no go'.
Yep,that's what I meant just the external breech and barrel. Remember seeing them in PGi and thinking 'how high tech' compared to the big slab sided Autocockers and being British gave it Kudos.
Now what happen to HT and it's plastic pumps, the Python and Viper?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
From what I can figure out from my pile of parts it is supposed to work a little like a phantom for part of the cycle, the firing cycle seems to go:

1) starts with the hammer forward and the bolt back.
2) pull trigger releases the hammer to fly back and knock a valve open much like a phantom or other nelson based pump.
3) air comes up the power tube and pushes the bolt forward before releasing air behind the ball. The bolt is linked to the hammer via a rocker type link resetting the hammer forward.
4) as the hammer resets the trigger mechanism disconnects the rocker link from the bolt and locks the hammer forward, a small spring inside the bolt then resets the bolt in the rearward position.