Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The lethal paintball weapons.

Siatek

Oct 17, 2003
Blackpool
www.ukairsoft.net
Ok, Let me clear a few things up- NO Airsoft gun can be converted to fire live ammunition, Mauri (The main make of airsoft guns) Made sure they used metals which would be destroyed under any kind of strain of a bullet.
Yes, airsoft guns can be converted to fire A shotgun shell, but paintball guns can be converted much easier, there was a documentary on Discovery a few months back about a guy who once worked with a terrorist organisation in NI who talked about how they used deactivated guns, air rifles and paintball guns to convert to real guns, wether or not its true- I dont know.
Remember, a nail and pipe can fire a shotgun shell, much better than an airsoft gun.
The mistake made by many (Including a few of this site) Is thinking that Airsoft and BB Guns and Air rifles/Pistols and deacts/reproduced are the same.

Airsoft use 6 or 8 mil. plastic pellets, usually at legal velocities, while they fire at a slightly higher FPS than paintball, they fire at a MUCH lower power (Due to the weight of paintballs)

BB Guns, depends on where you are as to what these mean, they can mean 4.5 mil pellets, they can mean cheap 6 mil pellets, and they can mean air rifles.

Air rifles fire at the same power as paintball guns or there abouts, however with metal projectiles, which is why they are much more dangerous.

Deacts are De activated firearms that once saw use, were then converted to fire blanks (Or on occasion pellets, never as far as I know 6 or 8 mill pelletes like airsoft) These are easy to turn back into firearms.

Airsofters got as pissed of with that article as you paintballers have.

I get pissed of at the number of people who say that airsoft gives paintball a bad name, as far as I see it, we have a common enemy- BB guns or cheap airsoft guns, or as we have come to label them "Springer kiddies" Sadly, we also get tarred with the same brush as these guys, even though we want nothing to do with them.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Hmmm....Brocock Air Cartridge pistols/rifles are the ones being converted to .22LR, as its easy to do.
Anything else is silly....a .308 rifle round produces preassures upwards of 50,000 psi...pistol rounds somewhere around 10,000 psi, so its gonna be difficult to convert any marker to sucesfully fire live rounds, without very serious injury to the firer.
Of course you can "misuse" a marker as you can any other thing ever made, buy using it for something other than what it was designed for.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Ban cars, all guns, all knives, all motorcycles, all lorries, buses, plastic bags, golf balls, electricity, baseball bats, golf clubs, ash trays (eastenders), eastenders!,......just because it can be missused, doesnt mean it should be banned!!
If they can come up with a solution, then they will, if not they should be on ticket...I mean, they arent exactly cheap anyway (apart from teh ME38 which is the one they all buy).

Team Demonic

Bunker Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Visit site
Ok yeah it is possible to covert an airsoft into a live firearm, however scotland yard and all the other criminal investigation units should not really be worried about that as

1. you'd have to make a complete barrel from scratch including rifling (spirals that line the barrel which make the round spin at approx 230 rpm) just so you could hit what your aiming at.

2. It's more likly to blow up in your face and take you with it so thats one less moron in the world.

3.I know of someone (since september 11th) who has bought a firearm in the good ole US of A stripped it down and brought it in to the UK illegally undetected.

surely they should commit more resources to stopping actual firearm importation than retarded DIY people who think that it would be safe for themselves to try and fire a round from one of these converted plastic (yeah cos igniting cordite and black powder inside a plastic gun is gonna work) airsoft guns.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Well..not sure about the converting an airsoft bit...like you say, wouldnt work too well, so i doubt they would bother.

1) These people generally only worry about pistols, for close range work..which wouldnt require rifling to be effective...it merely stabalises the round, for greater accuracy at range.

2) Be nice if it did...covert something to take rifle rounds, load the rounds with pistol powder (faster burning) big bang, very messy!!

3) I really wish people would stop writing things like that on here!
If its not FA E-Grips, its harbouring information on Illegal firearms importing!!!! When will people learn!:D

Had a look at a link earlier, which suggests that the police are testing a scanner that can "see" weapons concealed about a persons body...could be useful...take ity to Moss Side, have a peek about!
Its not cordite and Black Powder anymore..Black Powder (gun powder) is an explosive mix, the propellant used in Pistol and Rifle case's is a "Fast Burning" powder..not the same thing, unless you get it wrong...Pistols use a small amount of powder 3/4 grains, which burns very fast...rifle rounds are almost filled with slower burning powder 40/45 grains in .308.

Lets face it...there are a lot of Twats out there...there gonna do what they do...but at least by reducing the alternatives, they can just concentrate on buying the nice illegally imported guns, rather than piss about making/converting them...then we can stop the imports and they wil all bugger off, with a bit of luck.!!:D

Siatek

Oct 17, 2003
Blackpool
www.ukairsoft.net
Ok, Team Demonic, if you read my above statements, you'll see why airsoft guns aren't capable of firing live rounds, it is a common misconception.
They make the materials far to weak to withhold that much pressure, including the metal ones, the only things possibly convertable from airsoft to real steel are cosmetics (And if you're bothered about these so much, you'd import yourself a real steel gun, much easier and cheaper.) And in a recent case, certain silencers, however the thing about silencers is being investigated.