Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The lethal paintball weapons.

Siatek

Oct 17, 2003
Blackpool
www.ukairsoft.net
I feel I have to point one thing out- Some people are saying airsoft/bb well we as airsofters see these as two different things.
BB basically means air rifle to us
Airsoft means 6 or 8 mil plastic pellets, when airsoft first 'spouted' in Japan, the Japanese goverment wanted to make sure that no part of an airsoft gun could be turned into a real steel gun, so the manufacturers made sure that this was impossible.
As to the question about hits- We play totally by the honour system, there are marshalls going around in games to make sure there aren't any cheaters- We get a few n00bs coming along and not calling their hits, but these people are just not invited to the next game.
There are paint BB's, but we find these to be terrible in our guns, there's a problem- we need to find something that will fit into a 6 mil pellet, wont break in the strain of our guns, but will 'splat' when they hit the other team.
Wouse- I'd be quite intrested in a URL To that story, its a damned good job no one got hurt from that.

Siatek

Oct 17, 2003
Blackpool
www.ukairsoft.net
Oh- And that link, it doesn't mean paintball guns are easy to convert at all (I dont think) That system is quite old, its called Simunition, basically instead of a metal projectile, they use paint- Nothing overly fancy.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Yeah...I think its just a normal cartridge, with a paint projectile and only uses the percussion cap to propel it..
mind you...on SAS Are you tuff enuf..they use what look like Colt Commandos with a little tank on them, co2 or N2 not sure, i think thats what the forces trin with now...coz you actually have a chance of getting hit, rather than just using blanks...

Siatek

Oct 17, 2003
Blackpool
www.ukairsoft.net
Never seen it- I didn't know the SAS Trained with the M733.... Meh, after a little research I found that Simunition is normal cartridges with paint in, and they are very dangerous and have resulted in a lot of deaths.