Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The most anyone's sacrificed for paintball.

mastercrafted

Nov 20, 2016
UK
I'm not talking about site owners, I'm talking about players. In 1999, I played with a guy who got a £2,500 loan from his bank to start his plumbing business. He was supposed to buy a van and tools and stuff. He rocked up on training day with a new Angel marker and a ton of new kit. It was incredible. I've no idea what he's doing now.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Was his name Oliver Lang, by any chance?

But to answer your question, what have I sacrificed for paintball?

Virginity
Marriage
Sanity
Friendships
Loads of holidays
About $60k in cold hard cash, give or take £10k

And what have I got in return?

A bunch of memories
Some DVD's
A compulsion to cheat whenever possible
A few stickers

So there you have it. Conclusive proof that paintball is "worth it".

Last edited:

mastercrafted

Nov 20, 2016
UK
Damn son - you win, close this thread!

(Trying to work out if sacrificing virginity is the same as protecting it...)

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
60K? That's 3 years of ball ;)

In 2000/2001 when I was hitting a tournament every 3-4 weeks across the US. With sponsorship it was costing is 20-22K a year.
I put off buying an engagement ring for a year to fund the NPPL events I went to.

Every Saturday for 19 straight months to practice...except when at events (see above every 3-4 weeks).
Sitting in the hot feckin sun for weekend after weekend to rake the rocks out of Rich Telfords chunk of dirt he turned into a field. No grass...just hard packed dirt.
Sliding into bunkers on wood chips barely covering concrete floors at the fairgrounds in Vallejo, CA against KAPP factory and the Ironkids.
Sleeping in ****ty airports all over the country because of delays and missed flights.

Now the real question should be...WHY THE @&*^@# DO YOU DO IT!

This...only this...can explain it. After all these years, it still resonates like a bass drum in a silent library.

mastercrafted

Nov 20, 2016
UK
60K? That's 3 years of ball ;)

In 2000/2001 when I was hitting a tournament every 3-4 weeks across the US. With sponsorship it was costing is 20-22K a year.
I put off buying an engagement ring for a year to fund the NPPL events I went to.

Every Saturday for 19 straight months to practice...except when at events (see above every 3-4 weeks).
Sitting in the hot feckin sun for weekend after weekend to rake the rocks out of Rich Telfords chunk of dirt he turned into a field. No grass...just hard packed dirt.
Sliding into bunkers on wood chips barely covering concrete floors at the fairgrounds in Vallejo, CA against KAPP factory and the Ironkids.
Sleeping in ****ty airports all over the country because of delays and missed flights.

Now the real question should be...WHY THE @&*^@# DO YOU DO IT!

This...only this...can explain it. After all these years, it still resonates like a bass drum in a silent library.

Damn that's intense! Your annual spend was crazy - I can't imagine what it would have been like without sponsorship.

Ronniepimpstar

Factory Paintball
Dec 7, 2003
Factorypaintball.co.uk
not me personally but....

We had a player on our team back in 2004
He worked in Paintball at Planet eclipse.
The team saw him as one of the key players in the squad so we wanted him at the Amsterdam millennium, which was going to be a big issue regarding the rest of the season standing. we had the chance to climb into top four and wanted our strongest squad.
Two weeks before the event he was told he couldn't have any time off work because he'd already been taking the p*ss with his attendance.. this was not good for us. I wasn't happy he wasn't coming so i started plotting.
I told him i needed all his kit as back up for the boys and he needed to give me his passport so i could get him signed in for the next event before registration finished.

On the morning of us leaving for the event, we rocked up outside his house at 4.30AM
We continued to beep the horn of the van until his mum started screaming.
he came out in his T-shirt, boxers and trainers shouting "What the f*ck are you doing?"
We hauled him in the van and started driving, yes we officailly kidnapped the poor f*cker.
he got his one phone call to his mum and that was that, we got on the ferry and took him to the DMA event.
One of the first people he bumped into was Ledz who wouldn't believe we'd actually kidnapped him and sacked him (understandable really)
The kid had no cash and no clothes so was grabbing all the free t-shirts he could, we fed him and he spent the weekend in his playing kit.

He lost his job at Planet but we placed 4th in semi-pro, losing to the american team 'Justice' in the finals.
so was the sacrifice worth it? HELL YEAH

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
not me personally but....

We had a player on our team back in 2004
He worked in Paintball at Planet eclipse.
The team saw him as one of the key players in the squad so we wanted him at the Amsterdam millennium, which was going to be a big issue regarding the rest of the season standing. we had the chance to climb into top four and wanted our strongest squad.
Two weeks before the event he was told he couldn't have any time off work because he'd already been taking the p*ss with his attendance.. this was not good for us. I wasn't happy he wasn't coming so i started plotting.
I told him i needed all his kit as back up for the boys and he needed to give me his passport so i could get him signed in for the next event before registration finished.

On the morning of us leaving for the event, we rocked up outside his house at 4.30AM
We continued to beep the horn of the van until his mum started screaming.
he came out in his T-shirt, boxers and trainers shouting "What the f*ck are you doing?"
We hauled him in the van and started driving, yes we officailly kidnapped the poor f*cker.
he got his one phone call to his mum and that was that, we got on the ferry and took him to the DMA event.
One of the first people he bumped into was Ledz who wouldn't believe we'd actually kidnapped him and sacked him (understandable really)
The kid had no cash and no clothes so was grabbing all the free t-shirts he could, we fed him and he spent the weekend in his playing kit.

He lost his job at Planet but we placed 4th in semi-pro, losing to the american team 'Justice' in the finals.
so was the sacrifice worth it? HELL YEAH
I did something similar a while back.....threw a 2 week sickie so I could go to World Cup, then resigned when I got back. And yes, it was worth it!