Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Newbie Rant......

Franksisco

Feb 25, 2002
Bedford, UK
Visit site
After playing a fair number of games at my firendly local rec-ball site. I am now seriously thinking about getting my own marker, I have looked around on the P8ntballer.com techroom, and am now thinking about getting a "Piranha G3 STS, powerfeed"

Since this is my first purchase, I need everything; Hoppers, Squeege, Elbow, Air system. I've noticed a fair number of 'deals' on the internet. From Paintballgear.com and xpaintball.com.

I was wondering whether anybody has ordered from these sites, how reliable are they and is there anything I need to know about my first marker or The Piranha series of markers.

Also, as I am ordering from oversees, am I going to face any problems from the friendly Customs people from either the UK or the US?

Thank You!

-Franksisco

Manning26

Quick question Franksisco, do you have a local shop, and if you do, have you priced a package deal from them. I'm just asking because many times it's better to pay a bit more at your shop, that way if there's any problems with your gun, mask, etc., they'll fix it right there for ya', and quite normally at no cost. If you bring in one of your internet deals that's leaking all over the place, they'll charge you their repair fee, which can sometimes be twenty-five bucks an hour. Just trying to help.;)

what about Planet or Smart parts?

What about paintball planet in Manchester? I think they do some newbie combi deals.

and of course ther is Smart Parts as well.

There are probably more shops in the UK too but these are the two best known and best respected.

Hang on... Smart parts beginer marker kits @
http://www.smartpartseurope.co.uk/acatalog/store.html

I think they are infernos rather than Pirhanas though. Anyway, give planet or SP a ring and ask them what deal they'll do (maybe on Mask etc, and u can get the marker seperately.

As far as importing goes, I think that it eases the trouble if you get the packege marked "Sports Equipment" or "Paintball Equipment" or something

Richard

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
If your in Bedford as in Bedfordshire, London Paint Supply is in Wellyn Garden City in Hertfordshire? I think its hertfordshire. Anyway I am not sure if they do deals, but you can buy anything there.

I cant remember there website address but they do have one.

Franksisco

Feb 25, 2002
Bedford, UK
Visit site
Wow! Thank You very much for all the information.... I've heard great things about the "inferno" marker, can some one tell me more about the Prianha. My local site uses Tippman 98 and Infernos, I was wanting something different... :cool:

Thank you all for your help and replies :D

-Franksisco

dannyp16uk

Nov 2, 2001
peterborough, england
Visit site
how much

Was wondering how much you would be willing to spend on your marker.i do sugest using planet eclipse or smatparts,they have some great deals
if you looking to spend anywhere between
100-200:i'd say to get the brass eagle silver eagal extreamthats $199 find it here
http://www.actionvillage.com/015-2055.html its a us company thats pretty reliable

if you looking lower down the 100-200 scale
the kingman spydra compact $149 find it here

http://www.actionvillage.com/015-4048.html

300-500 i suggest the shocker or impulse stock,they are one of the best guns for there prics and you can find them at www.smartpartseurope.com
i own the vision version which are more expensive but the impuse itself do great pacages and there based in the uk.

hope that helped,and let me know what you end up getting

dantheman

The Pirhana

The Pirhana is the marker they use at our sponsor site (6th Element). They lend us them for tournaments, so I have used one a fair bit. In my experience it is a pretty decent blowback. With a good paint match and an aggitatign hopper its a nice marker.

I assume that a higher grade marker (rather than the standard site gun) will be even better. But i would reckon that its performance relies (like pretty much any marker) on a decent hopper and barrel.

Not as nice as my cocker, but their pretty nice

Richard

Manning26

Franksisco, if you're in the $200 range it would serve you best to pick up a rugged Tippmann, a Pirahna, or one of the many versions of the Kingman Spyder. The Black Dragun also seems to be a quality marker at an excellent price. These are proven guns and they'll last you a long time, you'll surely still have them in your gearbag years from now, probably lending 'em out to newbie pals. Good luck with your shopping!