The news at NE open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
yo yanks:
some how 'i told you so' dosn't quite seem to be enough. Sorry, but we all told you, you ain't that good, Russian Legion is better.
Now do you believe us?

Training every day, with coaches, and paid players, that's what the future of pro ball is. Anything less, and you're just pissing your time and money away...

Anyhow, we look forward to Russian Legion and the All Americans in a few weeks, hopefully the best of the NXL can offer better competition.

blastum

Mar 3, 2004
Visit site
hmmmmmmm

good job to rl but ,im pretty sure the yanks as you call us will be gunnin for rl.Seems to me that nexus,tons,tigers and ducks better step it up.One team from across the pond lays down the smack,Mad props to them,But Im sure us yanks will step it up!!
I guess it means The captain of Nexus will have to keep that big Fag out his pie hole, and do some push ups instead(no offence).
But Good job to Rl they freakin earned IT!!!!!.(Mad dash to empty the pints,run to work,go to bed on time,enroll in fitness program,and ask my gf if kagels would help my accuracy!!!

Good luck in future tourneys RL!!!!!

paintballma

Jul 26, 2001
cal
First, a huge congrats to Legion from a "Yank" fan. To hear other paintballers speak so highly of them as you all do, as straight up ballers is a pleasure and a rarity. Maybe they can buy Dynastys extra spot for Vegas so we can enjoy having them in Vegas!

I must say I am disappointed in not having seen them all year that from the pic posted above they have changed their fashion sense to look like everyone else. Personally I like old pants better :)

Red-that was a mean spirited dig-you should be ashamed..

BOOGIE

May 21, 2004
FLA , USA
Visit site
This is a great day for the paintball world RL 10 - Dynasty 5 for the first time in the history of the game(were over 20 years now) a european team has entered and won a major US tournrment.Hats off to them they overcame 3 of the toughest teams Div 1 has to offer.Let me give you a bit of info the RL showed up at 7 am for a 9 am game but it was switched the night before by the promoters who failed to in form them and Infamous the team they were to play.So the lost 2 hrs of sleep and had to wait till 11am to play Infamous.Believe me when i say the russian coaches were none too pleased.I saw a bit of the Infamous/RL game was the standard RL butt whoopin.They laid it to Infamous real good with a impresive 12-4 if i remeber correctly and remeber those are only 16 min halfs.Now to the Dynasty game we had 7 NXL referees with another 10 or so xball refs who worked the tournement.I didnt see much of it but kept track by watching the scoreboard.The RL came out strong and Dynasty was picking up 2 min penelties right and left just like there WC match vs Strange last season.Just before halftime the Dynasty tech was working on a barrelless marker when it accedentially went off with a ball in the chamber wich plunked Todd martinez right at the curve of the nose and eye socket.Fortunatly Tood was not hurt and was able to continue the match.The real shift in the game was when Dynasty conceded a point when they still had a live player to score the point after that it was over after that for it was 7-5 but with concession 8-5 with 2 min left instead of 7-6 with 2 min left.All and all the RL did european paintball proud and return home as the first ever winner of a major US tornement.

BOOGIE NXL EXL Referee

Manning26

Big congrats to the Russian Legion on their win, and oh boy, I sure can't wait for more self-righteous posts like Red's, I sure didn't see that coming.

The RL victory is definitely great for the sport. This is a punch in the nose for the American teams. Now the questions are, 'How much of this will the top American teams take before they decide to do something about it? How long before someone steps up and does this in the States? Who's likely to put out that kind of dough?'

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
Originally posted by Duncster
Doesn't put the EXL too far behind the yanks then really.... does it?? Or did the Legion find a 6th gear that they haven't used before....

D.
Before we all start getting carried away about EXL Teams, i said before the league started that the EXL could be like the premiership, ( football ) one or two teams at the top then a big differance after them, which is what's happened the Legion are way better than anyone else then there's Joy, and then there's the rest which i think was quite close. But when you train every week and have a number of coach's then you should be a lot better, i just hope that one of the British Teams has that support one day!!

BUT HEY WELL DONE TO THE LEGION, AND I AM VERY PROUD OF SANCHEZ AT LEAST WE HAVE 1 BRIT WINNING THING'S. I TOLD YOU MATE YOU WAS DOING THE RIGHT THING. ROLL ON CAMPAINE

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by sjt19
Legion win 10-5

Steve i guess i owe you a pizza:)
Yes you do, my man! Chomp, chomp! I had a feeling about this one. And Paul, say what you will: this does say something about European PB. There's some catch up that needs to be done on both sides o' the pond.

Steve

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Just to put a handle on this result, I don't think that just because they Yanks got bashed up the same as the rest of us Euros do by the RL that it infers we are on a par, or in fact anywhere near the Americans.
What we can all do is enjoy the result for what it was, a breaking of US dominance and a heralding of a new era but this new era isn't anywhere near as extended as I would like it to be.
When a fair proportion of us can emulate at least some of the success of the Russians, then and only then can we begin to start crowing.

But according to Baca, the whole edifice of European pride is pitched vicariously upon the Russians, he is basically saying, that's all we got and all we can aspire to and for us to go crawl away somewhere and know our place.
What the Russian result tells us all is that if we can somehow try and offset the overwhelming advantages the Americans enjoy in relative sizes of playing pools, then us Euros truly can contest and win.
I ain't gonna ride on the Russian result for one facking nanosecond Baca but I will draw inspiration from it as will every other frikkin Euro.

And I will say the following coz I have earned the right, and after god knows how many articles I have written and posts I have made about the Russkies.....I TOLD YOU SO !!!!!!!

Now stick that in yer pipe and smoke it !

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
Downside of RL victory.

Firstly a big congrats to Russian Legion, watching it all on the forums last night you could only hope to have been there to watch it:( ( When will the DVD be out?)
But now a reality check for all the EXL teams, don't think the American teams are going to take this laying down, like in any league format the level of play always gravitates to the higher plain.
This season RL left the rest of us in their wake and if this pushes the American teams up a gear we had better get fitter, faster and better as well. This is difficult because I know a lot of us are giving our all for the cause:( :( but maybe we need to work together to push Euro paintball in the right direction.
IMHO we have been catching the American teams up in the last couple of years but this could be the Kick up the Ass that moves them up another gear:(
Well done RL :D :D :D:( :( :D

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
C'mon, where ya at???!!! C'mon............. all you bitch ass yank mofo's who were PREECHIN the ears off us all sayin ''ahh the ruskies aint ****, they roll the Euro's but aint rollin any of our teams''

Well HA as we all said they went over and rolled your ass, Baca we as a people will accept your resignation anytime :)

Mak D
:cool:

GO LEGION, well done boys you ve shut em all up now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.