Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The PA Xball League 2008

Sep 11, 2006
G-TOWN
qoute: but a car park come on :rolleyes: whats next tescos ? for the money you pay.

with all due respect mate but the PA is held in a feild, and not all of the millenium events are in car parks so there isnt much point in your comment really,

p.s russ great idea mate id be up for playing a few events if any1s looking for a guest spot

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
qoute: but a car park come on :rolleyes: whats next tescos ? for the money you pay.

with all due respect mate but the PA is held in a feild, and not all of the millenium events are in car parks so there isnt much point in your comment really,

p.s russ great idea mate id be up for playing a few events if any1s looking for a guest spot
Andy have been trying to contact you but your phone's never on!!! cxan you call me regarding the 2008 season please, on 0781 6650749
Cheers

Twizz

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!

with all due respect mate but the PA is held in a field, and not all of the millennium events are in car parks so there isn't much point in your comment really,

As for that where the heck do you think the majority of NPPL events have been staged, its amazing what turf can disguise. Ain't it great how UK ballers pi$$ & moan if it ain't cricket pitch perfect considering what the rest of the world are happy to play on.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
PA thread to Millennium Series in ten post! well sod it I will give my 2p's worth.
One of the criteria they should be doing as the premier European event is to expose tournament paintball to the unknowing public, not something they have had too much success with but if they use "car parks" at high profile events it may help with the exposer we require.

Personally I think we/they would have a better response if they utilised the revenue gained from the trade sponsors to try and help them develop a bigger market.

Let me make a quick observation you may agree with:
When the Circus comes to your town how do you find out! you will see posters and banners everywhere and adverts in the local paper.
The local paper do not charge them full price for the adverts (usually about 30%) and the rest in tickets they can give away - or give to the staff.

You can not just have a paintball event and get the public there you have to make it where there is a lot of draws.
The PA has been trying to join forces as such with some extreme events so besides sharing the financial burden we could also each add to the event footfall.

The Extreme group's recent involvement and their experience in those field's may well become the catalyst that helps us achieve the sort of event that would bring a huge amount of non playing public awareness of tournament paintball.

Is the PA League big enough to do it for paintball! well it has to be because everyone else needs to make a profit or just not capable of looking at the bigger picture, I just have to not lose money!
Are the PA teams good enough! without wanting to upset some of the teams some are and a lot ain't.
If we get the opportunity for that level of exposer I would only want the "flash and flair teams" the public will be drawn to the intensive snake dives and gun skills that only the best team show as a norm.
So perhaps just a general invite to the best players only may be more productive.

But until we manage to become the new circus in town, car parks at high profile venues even with with little publicity will have to do.

Russ

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
will the rate of fire change along with PSP?
13.33 or whatever it is
When a final decision has been made the PA will continue to keep in line with the PSP mode.
However to allow players time to have the modes enabled on their guns we will not change modes for this season unless the MS also reduce the rate of fire cap.

Remember Semi with a rate of fire cap, PSP and Millennium ramp modes are all allowed at the PA.

Russ