Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Royal Mail.

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
I don't know if you guys have had problems with the royal mail like I have, but just recently they seem to be piss poor.
Numerous times (especially recently), items have been marked as delivered on the Royal Mail site however they quite clearly weren't delivered to my address.
Currently Royal Mail are "investigating" 2 lost items that haven't arrived at my address and both of them were Recorded signed for with no ePOD's available...

What are your guys opinions on this and have royal mail every resolved any of your problems?

Mark

Last edited:

SeanUK

Jan 5, 2013
www.planetpaintball.co.uk
I don't know if you guys have had problems with the royal mail like I have, but just recently they seem to be piss poor.
Numerous times (especially recently), items have been marked as delivered on the Royal Mail site however they quite clearly weren't delivered to my address.
Currently Royal Mail are "investigating" 2 lost items that haven't arrived at my address and both of them were Recorded signed for with no ePOD's available...

What are your guys opinions on this and have royal mail every resolved any of your problems?

Mark

I work for Royal Mail.

Have you said that your neighbour can accept any packets for you?
Also do you have a a designated 'safeplace'?
Royal Mail also have a scheme where if your not in they will automatically try your neighbour unless you have the 'if not in please take packets to royal mail office' sticker on your letterbox.

It may be possible that your postman has taken your packet to your neighbour and not let you a note to say where it is

Last edited:
Reactions: M4rkm93

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Well I went to both my neighbours straight away after I saw that it had been marked as delivered and neither of them had seen anything. (Both of them are usually very good with packages, and pop things around if they ever get any of my stuff.)

Just out of curiosity where do you get these stickers? Could be very useful seeing as I'm at the office most days until 6pm. :)
In terms of a safeplace, no I haven't specified anything. The thing I'm worried about is that the postie my have left it on the door step, etc. and someone saw it and took it. :/

Cheers
Mark

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
I normally get mine delivered to my work address but I ordered it on a Thursday and it was 1-2 day delivery so I didn't want it turning up at the offices when they weren't open. :(
Just gunna keep my fingers crossed that It turns up or Royal Mail track it down. :/

justincredible

DOUBLE MAG MAN
Sep 6, 2010
Ringwood,Hampshire
I recently sent something by Special Delivery ( costs more but is guaranteed next day delivered and signed for before 1pm) and so cannot get ''lost''
It turned up but 24 hrs late.
I claimed a refund and had the full £7.55 Special Delivery postage cost refunded within 1 week.
Net result = Goods delivered whilst insured for free....Result!!

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Yep always get stuff sent to work, don't unwrap at work, especially when I got the 3357!

Last edited:

SeanUK

Jan 5, 2013
www.planetpaintball.co.uk
Well I went to both my neighbours straight away after I saw that it had been marked as delivered and neither of them had seen anything. (Both of them are usually very good with packages, and pop things around if they ever get any of my stuff.)

Just out of curiosity where do you get these stickers? Could be very useful seeing as I'm at the office most days until 6pm. :)
In terms of a safeplace, no I haven't specified anything. The thing I'm worried about is that the postie my have left it on the door step, etc. and someone saw it and took it. :/

Cheers
Mark
Here is how you can get the sticker
http://public.datasquirt.co.uk/cscommsroyalmail/forms/Delivery to Neighbour Opt-out

NOTE: This is a "OPT OUT" sticker to say that you DO NOT want your packet(s) to go to a neighbour, the item "should" be returned to the office without fail

Also if you think it could help you can PM me the tracking codes and i can see what else i can find out about the item(s)

As you havn't specfied a "safeplace" an option could be to have a check around a few places incase he/she has left it somewhere and hasn't put a card through your door. Places like sheds, greenhouses gaps in walls, some have even placed them in grey bins (should have asked first though). Have you also tried a neighbour accross the street?

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Here is how you can get the sticker
http://public.datasquirt.co.uk/cscommsroyalmail/forms/Delivery to Neighbour Opt-out

NOTE: This is a "OPT OUT" sticker to say that you DO NOT want your packet(s) to go to a neighbour, the item "should" be returned to the office without fail

Also if you think it could help you can PM me the tracking codes and i can see what else i can find out about the item(s)

As you havn't specfied a "safeplace" an option could be to have a check around a few places incase he/she has left it somewhere and hasn't put a card through your door. Places like sheds, greenhouses gaps in walls, some have even placed them in grey bins (should have asked first though). Have you also tried a neighbour accross the street?
Ahh okay well ill probably end up getting one of the stickers. (Y)

Well there are no other houses on the other side of the street so can't do that aha, and I've had a good look around and founf nothing :/ I just find it really poor that they have left it without a signature from someone in my residence.

If they have lost it and I don't end up getting my stuff what position does that put me in? Is there anything I can do about it?

Also that might be a good idea will get the tracking code to you tomorrow. :)

Thanks again for your help.
Mark