Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Royal Mail.

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Here is how you can get the sticker
http://public.datasquirt.co.uk/cscommsroyalmail/forms/Delivery to Neighbour Opt-out

NOTE: This is a "OPT OUT" sticker to say that you DO NOT want your packet(s) to go to a neighbour, the item "should" be returned to the office without fail

Also if you think it could help you can PM me the tracking codes and i can see what else i can find out about the item(s)

As you havn't specfied a "safeplace" an option could be to have a check around a few places incase he/she has left it somewhere and hasn't put a card through your door. Places like sheds, greenhouses gaps in walls, some have even placed them in grey bins (should have asked first though). Have you also tried a neighbour accross the street?
Ahh okay well ill probably end up getting one of the stickers. (Y)

Well there are no other houses on the other side of the street so can't do that aha, and I've had a good look around and founf nothing :/ I just find it really poor that they have left it without a signature from someone in my residence.

If they have lost it and I don't end up getting my stuff what position does that put me in? Is there anything I can do about it?

Also that might be a good idea will get the tracking code to you tomorrow. :)

Thanks again for your help.
Mark

SeanUK

Jan 5, 2013
www.planetpaintball.co.uk
Ahh okay well ill probably end up getting one of the stickers. (Y)
Well there are no other houses on the other side of the street so can't do that aha, and I've had a good look around and founf nothing :/ I just find it really poor that they have left it without a signature from someone in my residence.

If they have lost it and I don't end up getting my stuff what position does that put me in? Is there anything I can do about it?

Also that might be a good idea will get the tracking code to you tomorrow. :)

Thanks again for your help.
Mark
Ah ok so other houses are out of the question lol
If your item is lost you should be able to atleast claim the the postage back from royal mail, the reason you could only get the postage back is thats all that you have paid Royal Mail for.
The other thing you'de need to do is contact the seller and inform them of the situation and say you either want your money back (which your entitled to) or ask for a second item (if possible).

You'll be given a reference from Royal Mail regarding the issue and that it has been lost (if it is indeed lost).
This would give the seller proof you don't have the item which will help you when talking to the seller.

No need for the thanks fella, it annoy's me when some postmen can't follow task properly.
ive been a postman for 5 years and ive never once had a complaint for the mere fact i do my job.
Whenever i go back to a round i used to do i ALWAYS hear "when are you coming back on this round"
Thats not just because im fast at my job, but i check the letters i post for "missorted" mail so you dont get next doors mail
if i leave a packet somewhere or with someone i ALWAYS leave them a card saying where it is.
Ive known
At christmas i HATE people giving me money, sounds stupid i know lol, but i treat my customers as friends and you don't **** on friends, all i ask for is friendship.
At the end of the day postmen get paid enough to do their job, im on £9+ an hour part time
so when i hear about a postman not doing the job they get paid that amount of money for, it rattles me lol

also shoot me the tracking number(s) whenevers convenient for you ;)

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I had a christmas present ordered on Amazon lost by royal mail in December

Amazon replaced it within a week then the original missing parcel was delivered 3 weeks later

Last edited:

SeanUK

Jan 5, 2013
I had a christmas present ordered on Amazon lost by royal mail in December

Amazon replaced it within a week then the original missing parcel was delivered 3 weeks later
Over xmas Amazon where behind on alot of packets we had several complaints aimed at Royal Mail when it was infact Amazon

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
No.. my sorting local office lost it & not for the first time either

They left a missed delivery card through my letterbox. When I went to collect it they couldn't find it at the depot, claiming that several deliveries made by the same driver that day had also gone AWOL. Amazon were really helpful and shipped a replacement witin a week. The management at the sorting office were feckin useless. I rang several times in December to chase the missing parcel and then gave up.

As I said it eventually turned up a week after Christmas... nice one Royal Fail :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SeanUK

Jan 5, 2013
No.. my sorting local office lost it & not for the first time either

They left a missed delivery card through my letterbox. When I went to collect it they couldn't find it at the depot, claiming that several deliveries made by the same driver that day had also gone AWOL. Amazon were really helpful and shipped a replacement witin a week. The management at the sorting office were feckin useless. I rang several times in December to chase the missing parcel and then gave up.

As I said it eventually turned up a week after Christmas... nice one Royal Fail :rolleyes:
Your office just isnt as good as ours then lol
Also your missing parcel would not have arrivrd 3 weeks later as all packets older than 18 calendar days get sent back to local sorting office
Sounds like its a little dodgy near you lol

metalfof

Jul 3, 2011
Croydon
I am quite lucky in that I run a Sub Post Office,none of my post has ever gone missing.What people don't realise is that due to the sheer volume of post at Xmas stuff does get lost,mis-sorted,left in bags and becomes the victim of more nefarious activity....use your imagination.Another misconception is that Recorded mail is tracked,not so,it gets signed for on delivery.I always suggest Special Delivery on valuable items upto 2kg and Parcelforce on heavier items.No system is perfect,especially at busy times.

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Agreed, no system is perfect. However post around where I live seems to go walk about's every week, and more often than not you don't end up getting it back. I'm hoping my recent ones have just been caught in the X-mas backlash, and royal mail will sort it out.

Last edited: