Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The State of the Nation

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Did anyone go to the CPS event in Rome over the weekend?
played the CPS series last year and Rome was the best event, and then it started going downhill for the other two. Seems there was a really low turnout in the upper divisions, the semi-pro bracket i played last year only had 5 teams this event. Its good fun seeing some PSP flags of death thrown in the air, but its of lesser quality than the likes of CPPS and charges a fair bit more money and looks to consider itself a rival of the MS which it definitely isn't at this moment in time.

Will be playing CPPS elite this weekend, looking forward especially to seeing how lethal bizzle cope having never actually managed to get over the hump of winning D1 and promotion to elite last season. And also a couple of the other teams have had some roster shake ups over the off season so it will be a fight to see who can stay up!

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
So, who's at CPPS this weekend?
Turnout for CPPS is looking strong this weekend as ever. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of this new champs/challengers style thing which is now also in D2/D3 but I guess that just puts more pressure on us to be consistent! Really looking forward to it though! Was down at CPPS the weekend before last to train on the layout and it was really fun and aggressive. Excited to see what the series is like this year!

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Got to love the CPPS. The series gets better every year, and Ainsley and his crew put a lot of time (and money) into the site between events and in the off-season. I've played the astro field and it's great.

If a team doesn't do anything else in the year, they need to compete here - you won't get a higher number of UK teams at all levels anywhere else in the UK.

But, props have got to go to Richard Harris for starting the CPPS ball rolling.

BTW, Richard Harris is not the messiah - he's just a very naughty boy.

Reactions: Sid Sidgwick

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Being skint this year, and needing to home at a reasonable hour, I'm personally playing 5man SPL at Bricketwood. Sadly missed this weekend's event through being struck down with Stomach Cramps and vomiting sat night (did think about playing back center with a bucket with me!).

Has to be said, as a UK baller, I have a shedload of events to choose from, especially as the team I play for (Cardinals) usually manages to turn out at least two sides to most events.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
With the wife still out of town on holidays, I have to be home on Saturday and most of Sunday to take care of the pets so I can't make it over to the CPPS (which is a huge bummer). I was really looking forward to it.

We do have practice scheduled Thursday in Marseille, our snake player just tore a chest muscle, or "creaking the muscle wall" basically sounds not awesome and means no crawling, which is really bad as he's the smallest guy on the team. Everyone else is damn near 6 foot and above.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
With the wife still out of town on holidays, I have to be home on Saturday and most of Sunday to take care of the pets so I can't make it over to the CPPS (which is a huge bummer). I was really looking forward to it.

We do have practice scheduled Thursday in Marseille, our snake player just tore a chest muscle, or "creaking the muscle wall" basically sounds not awesome and means no crawling, which is really bad as he's the smallest guy on the team. Everyone else is damn near 6 foot and above.
Lie him on a skateboard and give him a push downfield. Ain't nothin' in the MS rules that says skateboards are banned.

And if anyone complains, hit them with the skateboard. It's a win-win situation.

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Well I wrote up my experiences in the Puget thread in the Major Tourney section, but to add to it. At 36 and change, and 20kg heavier than I used to be when I played, and not having been involved in a tournament since 2004...I did ok!

I won gun fights, I got 2-3 kills during the games we won, (finished 2 wins and 4 losses), and got to push the buzzer twice to win points. I did have 1 penalty called on me for being hit after we had pushed the buzzer, but we won the next point when the other team didn't even take the field (easiest win ever).

Can I still wheel and deal like I used to? Not really, not without a lot more practice. Do I still know how to read a field and shoot people? Hell yea.

So all in all, it was fun. I'm looking forward to coming over to the UK for some of the CPPS events maybe, should be fun.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Mills media guys got a shot of me and Sturla running to see Big John and get more paint

Attachments