Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Triple 7 Option

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Laurent called me up and we spent well over an hour (when England were playing Turkey :( ) trying to sort out some of these problems.
Well it was apparent that we need to talk some more when we both hook up in Vegas next week but for the time being he has made mention of a players' association, which in principle sounded good but the details need to be fleshed out a bit more.

With regard to Portugal, that is going to be dealt with in isolation for obvious reasons.

There are many factors that can potentially have significant effects on our game over here in Europe, not least of which is the potential uptake by TV of X-Ball.
Countering this is the obvious attractiveness of the Pure Promotions tournaments with regard to TV.
The differing formats, the differing bodies, Europe's positioning with regard to both, it is a bewildering state of affairs for us over here and to be fair, the Millennium have tried to tread the centre path and it has cost us dear, in my opinion, but I can understand their thinking but do not agree with the method we have adopted thus far.
Anyway, we'll see what happens and I hope that perhaps Vegas can make some things clearer for us over here.. if that makes any sense :)

R

raehl

No, I run my organization like a SPORTING organization.

But Millenium, S7 and PSP do *NOT*.

Millenium, PSP and S7 players *ARE* lazy ass *******s who *DO* expect to show up and have virtually everything handed to them. Ok, so yes, SOME teams do also ref, for which they are paid points. Woopie. That is nowhere near the way the college league runs, and frankly, I don't think you guys could pull it off.

We ran 13 regular season events this year. THIRTEEN. Granted, most of them were small, but every single one of them was hosted by PLAYERS. We paid to use our locations, we worked to promote the events and make sure things go the way they should, and we all made no money.

We have had multiple tournaments at West Point where the weather has sucked, so often that it's gotten to be a joke as to which weather phenomenon the event will be named after - it's either a downpour, or extreme winds from hurricanes/blizzard, or just nasty cold and 8" of snow. When the netting blows down, it's the players who set itback up. When the compressor goes, it's the players who fix it.

It's the players who are putting out the press releases and molesting their local area reporters to get articles about the National Championships in the media. It's the players who are investing in custom jersies so they LOOK like college sports teams. It's the players who are dragging their rec club members with them to nationals so we have plenty of volunteers to do the mundane things like scoring, chronographing, getting teams where they need to be, so we don't have to pay other people to do it and we can pay our refs to do the reffing.

It's the PLAYERS who pick up their own trash and the PLAYERS who call themselves out when hit and get their asses to the deadbox so that the refs we have WANT to work for us again.

The end result is a national level event with over 50 teams at $20/player and $35/case for EVERYONE. Could be your first tournament, you still get that pricing. And we're PAYING our officials $130/day each, which is double the going rate, because we want good ones.

And I can afford to pay the refs that much while only pulling in $100/team precisely because I don't have to spend a bunch of money on things that the players make sure I don't need to spend money on - like an army of people to pick up trash.

So yeah, on the spectrum of player involvement, you guys are WAY down on the "show up and expect everything to be handed to you" end.

Millenium, PSP and S7 are run as BUSINESSES, *NOT* as sporting organizations. You are the CUSTOMER, not the owner, not the member of the league that runs the show, not a paid professional player, a CUSTOMER. If you want something a certain way, the way to make sure you get it is to make it matter to the bottom line of the business. But understand that to the people running the show, bitching players are just arm-chair promoters. You know when you're at an event that you don't like what you're getting, but seem to think that someone is supposed to believe you could actually fix it when you can't even seem to get a few captains together and write a stinking letter.

There are two kinds of sporting leagues out there: The ones that are owned by someone and the players are paid, in which case the owners don't give a crap about what the players want as long as they're not on strike, and the ones where the players own the league through their membership in it. When you guys start paying dues and electing league leadership and the league is paying the bills and the league owns the netting and the league picks and rents out the locations and the league hires the refs, when the money from the TV deal goes 100% into the league's funds instead of to the promoter's pocket and the league writes the rules and the players can vote out the people running the events BUT STILL KEEP THE LEAGUE'S STUFF, *THEN* you'll be running an organization like *I* run an organization.

The players own my league. The promoters own S7, PSP and Millenium.

- Chris

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Thanks Raehl for pointing that out. Don't let your wise words of how all the tournament players in the Mills, S7's, and PSP are all lazy ass bast**** bite you in the ass. You cant hide too long from some 4,000 ballers who all think you are a prick. Trust me, they are out there. I don't know you personally (and I really don't care to either) but you have a lot of gaul to say what you say. Run your collegiate league how you want to. Until you start playing Mills, S7's, and PSP's, don't post in the MAJOR tournament forum as I don't think anyone too much cares about YOUR "amazing" league.

R

raehl

I didn't say all - it's a generalization, no doubt.

But when was the last time more than 10 players showed up to a player's meeting at an event?

I'm not saying it's the players fault that events suck sometimes. I *AM* saying it's pretty silly to expect change without working for it.

And it's especially silly to fault the way we run our organization when we actually do what you say you want.

- Chris

Players association

its great to here talk of a players association (tongue firmly fix against cheek at this point)

this international players association is something I personal wrote to all organisors of the millenium about and the NPPL and PSP. I currently Chair the ANPF here in Australia and have spent a great deal of time and effort on this project so far.
(from information I received I believe the captain of Russian Legion is also trying to complete the same project.)

without going into the legal why's and wherefore's the global organisation is LEGALLY necessary to have paintball officially recognised as a sport internationally. no ifs or buts we MUST have one.

I wrote to each and every organisor TWICE on this matter and only two organisors replied Pedro and his Spanish counterpart.

so why is it only now that others are begining to agree, it it because of some thoughts of personal gain (merit or financial), lets hope not, but mores the point lets sort it and fast.

I and all players down under have a great need for the sport to be recognised so it can become 100% legal in Australia but the advantages will benifit players worldwide.

The advantages of setting the organization up from Down here are mainly due to exchange rates, making the cost SO much cheaper when it comes to attorneys and the like but if someone else want to take the bull by the horns great, but lets do it and stop talking about it.

we needs representatives, preferably involved with organisations at the minute but not 100% necessary, from each country...

email your interest to...
ANPF@GLIMMERBUSINESSGROUP.COM

Paintnerd

Mar 2, 2003
Shangra-La
Visit site
Originally posted by cjohns
Until you start playing Mills, S7's, and PSP's, don't post in the MAJOR tournament forum as I don't think anyone too much cares about YOUR "amazing" league.
Word! Do what I've started to do: just scroll down to the next post.

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
Raehl

I really want to play with teams who provide fierce competition since thats the way to get better. Not to mention the joy and pride when you beat someone you always wanted to.
And if I pay 1000Eur entry fee I EXPECT as much bang for my buck as it possibile and not a big letdown..

I am not lazy to pay 1000Eur for my team entry but please give me the right to expect the promoters to to their thing without my help.

Peace