The Truth................

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Hey Pete,

Originally posted by Robbo
I was taking it for granted that the gun was properly maintained when I made my assertion about paint being the main determinant in consistency.
The reason I said that was exactly to take account of...

Originally posted by Robbo
real dicks out there who clean their gun about once a year, like me :)
In your case and thousands of other paintballers like you who do not keep the best care of their kit, then they will get better consistency by making one gun choice over another.

My point was that ANY gun can be really lousy if not taken care of. If taken care of MOST guns will be at the same level. (although I do believe some designs can have that little extra competitive advantage). Some properly maintained guns will not be as consistant as others under all paintball requirements. A very notable one being rapid fire.

I honestly believe from my testing and theory work that there is a competitive advantage to certain designs of gun. I am also certain that it is regardless to wether they are closed or open bolt. That is the last factor to worry about (if at all).

I think you would be suprised if you just did some standard tests using the same solid projectiles and certain standard markers. First for single shot to shot consistency and then consistency under rapid fire. Then some tests accounting for playing conditions, i.e. paint around the bolt etc.

manike

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by manike
Hey Pete,

The reason I said that was exactly to take account of...

In your case and thousands of other paintballers like you who do not keep the best care of their kit, then they will get better consistency by making one gun choice over another.

My point was that ANY gun can be really lousy if not taken care of. If taken care of MOST guns will be at the same level. (although I do believe some designs can have that little extra competitive advantage). Some properly maintained guns will not be as consistant as others under all paintball requirements. A very notable one being rapid fire.

I honestly believe from my testing and theory work that there is a competitive advantage to certain designs of gun. I am also certain that it is regardless to wether they are closed or open bolt. That is the last factor to worry about (if at all).

I think you would be suprised if you just did some standard tests using the same solid projectiles and certain standard markers. First for single shot to shot consistency and then consistency under rapid fire. Then some tests accounting for playing conditions, i.e. paint around the bolt etc.

manike
Si,
I don't think there is too much for me to contend with in your post.
As this discussion progresses, the details or rather effects become smaller and smaller and we eventually reach the place where I have always advocated players resources should be focussed...and that is on the field of play.
It just takes a long time getting there on occasion :)
Robbo

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
My Evo cocker was absolutely ****e this weekend!, Could it ONLY be down to the fact that the paint was ****, or could it be other things? Does fiddling with the twister do anything?, Is there anything else mechanical that can affetc the accuracy of a cocker?
HELP ME, im not totally ignorant!

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Walker (PsychoPimps) were you at the Diablo Tourney? My Angel crapped out in the last game. Crono'd around 285fps then during the 1st 2 minutes had many great opertunities but my paint fell like 5 feet in front of me. Not to mention the worst Paint day ever! But all in all I have fun in my 1st 7 Man! Peace out!:D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
What paint were you guys shooting? I was at the Diablo Cup guesting for Escarmouche (thanks guys! It was great fun) and so was using Nelson for the first time ever. It shot really well from my Sov II. I got chrono'd at 296, 294, 295 not bad ;)

I had a great day playing with Escarmouche :) , shame we didn't win our semi final though :(

Walker I'd check your gun with some paint you know to be going well from someone elses gun before changing anything mechanical. If there is still a problem check your regs (inline mainly but also main tank reg) then your hammer and valve making sure there is no debris affecting either. A clean hammer with a nice light oiling is good :) Fiddling with your twister will not do anything other than ensure the gun cocks properly. It won't affect your velocity or consistancy (other than if the gun wasn't cocking at all lol!)

manike

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Hey Beaker,

Consistancy is not about perceived accuracy :) , It's about real measurable accuracy.

I never got the Excal :( it took so long to sort out and arrange that I bought a house in the mean time and that sucked up the 'play' cash I had put aside for the Excal. :(

ATB

manike