Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by DOA Robbo
Well if all the top teams play the UKPL final then we'll know ;)

From a Nexus point of view, I woulda thought our results in the States and in Toulouse speak for themselves and don't need any validation (as you imply) from playing in any UKPL final...but if you feel that the UKPL is the ultimate paintball benchmark for all the teams in the uk, then cool, good luck to ya !

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Comments

Pete

I understand your comments and accept that Syd's line is not quite correct - but as he says it has had a desired effect to get some interest in the concept.

------

The UKPL is in its early stages, this year is a "tester" so we can develop it for next year. You have to start somewhere and since few players know about it we have started by using four established events as the qualifier for the final. If it works then next year teams will hopefully travel to play other qualifying legs. The event will then develop to create a national finals, if teams play then OK if they don't then that is OK but the aim is to help develop tournie paintball as currently most teams are very "regional" we want teams to travel. All comments are welcome but I felt Johan comments were a swipe at something he knows nothing about, so I had a dig at him (long time friends so I hope no damage)

Steve

I fully support Nexus and the way they are progressing so I am not having a dig at Nexus like some might, they are probably the best team in the UK BUT I don't view them as a normal tournie team as I believe they have been created as an England team (Football style and they don't play in the Premier league) so therefore would not need to play the UKPL events. They represent all of UK paintball on the International stage.

My opinion

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Comments

Originally posted by Bully
Pete

I understand your comments and accept that Syd's line is not quite correct - but as he says it has had a desired effect to get some interest in the concept.

------

The UKPL is in its early stages, this year is a "tester" so we can develop it for next year. You have to start somewhere and since few players know about it we have started by using four established events as the qualifier for the final. If it works then next year teams will hopefully travel to play other qualifying legs. The event will then develop to create a national finals, if teams play then OK if they don't then that is OK but the aim is to help develop tournie paintball as currently most teams are very "regional" we want teams to travel. All comments are welcome but I felt Johan comments were a swipe at something he knows nothing about, so I had a dig at him (long time friends so I hope no damage)

Steve

I fully support Nexus and the way they are progressing so I am not having a dig at Nexus like some might, they are probably the best team in the UK BUT I don't view them as a normal tournie team as I believe they have been created as an England team (Football style and they don't play in the Premier league) so therefore would not need to play the UKPL events. They represent all of UK paintball on the International stage.

My opinion

Bloody hell Steve, you shoulda been a politician, that was an answer that keeps everybody happy :)

Now Bazil40, you watching?.... coz what Steve has just written is a 'good' answer and not the one you were so quick to jump on before !!!!!

Anyway Steve, thanks for your input; I am all for developing the UK game as I hope our recent seminar reflected and I wish you well in this new venture..and all the teams who enter this new league.

Originally posted by Robbo
but if you feel that the UKPL is the ultimate paintball benchmark for all the teams in the uk
:confused: By no means and like steve said Nexus results speak for them selves i mearly Meant that if all the top teams played a tourney where they played each other then u would come out with the best UK team i wasn't trying to imply that teams need to validate themselves

the bench mark is the milleniums (ooh bad spellin) :) but hey it's a start !

Steve like the idea of Nexus being like the england footy team damn fine way of puttin it (so when u runnin for MP :D)

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
but if you feel that the UKPL is the ultimate paintball benchmark for all the teams in the uk
Dudes,
by the very title thread you did in fact state this.

Maybe you should have included Campaign Cup in your qualfier, as it's a somewhat signifigant event, and it is held in England. And Warren's five man...?

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Go One

theres a guy called Go One who has made this mathmatical formula for the M25 and I'm pretty sure it worked so well he took all the results from all the UK tourneys and worked out a proper ranking for all the teams - can't remember where it is but it's way more accurate.

Go One speak now or forever hold your peace ;)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
With the ancknowledgement of Nexus' results in the States in the S7, i think it is fairly obvious that they are the best team in the UK at the moment. The emphasis on training that is prevalent in their mind set would suggest that they will remain the top team until other UK teams alocate as much time, effort and dedication to training in the same manner as they do. Having said that, following Nexus, Tigers and Shockwave are the next best teams by a long way ahead of the chasing pack. The gulf between the top 3 and the rest is quite sizeable, and has been for a while

I really dont think that it is possible to place anyone in an order of ranking unless everyone playes the same event, and layes every team that is in a challenging position to them. Maybe Pro vs Pro is needed more than ever, in order for the top teams to push each other on and the other high Am teams to get something to aspire to beyond what they play currently

sam:)

figment

AKA Sinbad
Jan 22, 2002
Grantham
Bully

The reason a lot of teams are "regional" is a cost factor as we all know this sport is not the cheapest by a long way.

this is why we play all we can afford, it's ok the UKPL having tables but if all we can play are these regional's then it's not a true reflection of who are the best teams /team in the UK ..

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
Sam
I agree with you mate, shockwave tigers and nexus are a cut above the rest at the moment, but I dont think you can rule storm out, they just need to find some consistency,

Status
Not open for further replies.