Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Syd (SWPL)
The politics are about who has the right to delcare who is the best team in the UK and how certain people may feel about this. Pretty clear I reckon.
What the hell are you talking about ??????
A right of declaration and people's opinions could hardly be described as 'politics' in this case.

Syd, give it up, you dig a hole that deepens with each and every post you make !

The politics are about who has the right to delcare who is the best team in the UK and how certain people may feel about this. Pretty clear I reckon.
surely then this thread should be entitled...

"The UK's best team...out of those who have entered all the feeder events, can be bothered to travel to or have the financial rescources to attend those events or happen to be really good mates with a series organiser so they get an invitation to the finals...PERIOD" ;)

just asking you understand...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Anthony (FUBAR)
Robbo
I think your right in what you say about the 'best team in the uk' title. What I think this league gives us is a team that can call themselves 'UK Champions'.

Ant
DOA Zealots

If we are trying to be accurate here, the thread should have been entitled ' Winners of the UKPL Finals' and then there's no ambiguity or confusion :)

Originally posted by Anthony (FUBAR)
Robbo
I think your right in what you say about the 'best team in the uk' title. What I think this league gives us is a team that can call themselves 'UK Champions'.

Ant
DOA Zealots
Possibiliy for confusion there Ant as after last weekend there is already one team holding the title of UK Champions, said team being Manchester.

I think Robbo seems to have hit the nail on the head with a completely non-ambiguous and accurate statement.

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Lots of laughs... this is ridiculous.

Who cares what the UKPL winners are billed as - whatever the commitee decides, players are going to see that title for what it is worth. Which will be the best team to come out on top at a tournament played by the best teams from across the Nation...

...I'm leaving it at that. Flame on!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Lots of laughs... this is ridiculous.

Who cares what the UKPL winners are billed as - whatever the commitee decides, players are going to see that title for what it is worth. Which will be the best team to come out on top at a tournament played by the best teams from across the Nation...

...I'm leaving it at that. Flame on!
No flames from me, not even a spark, I agree with everything you just said, I would however add two little words to your post....'some of'....I'll let you work out their location :)

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by Robbo
Well, Gaff, actually we were the highest placed UK team in Toulouse as well...... :)
yeah i know mate and unlucky you were to only get as far as you did! but still does not automatically make you the best in the UK until we all play each other, and i am sure you like me dont want to be UK no1, i want to be Europe No1 then World No1, and even those titles are hard to achieve as there is no real world series where all teams in the world compete! at the same time! especially now that there are different formats splitting the worlds elite!

frankendreads

Oct 26, 2001
north london
Visit site
if we had a consistant non political endorsed uk tournie
with complete unbiased marshalling
maybe we can then show how might be the best
but as far as iam concerned we r WAY behind in regards to the USA as we now should stop this stupid squabbling and go out and kick american teams from the top slot by working together
this also to havea fair playing field
at the moment the american teams r the best trained (short of the russians) the best paid the best sponcered and the largest
pool of players to call on
how many brit teams train every day or even every week
consistantly
with limiitations come limited performances
we ie all british teams can do a hell of a lot better and articles like this does not help in the unity it just causes more fractures

personally i would like to also see an end to this and also the in fighting between rivals sponcers
let ALL work together to best the real best
the american teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.