Status
Not open for further replies.

blakey

been there, done it.....
Sep 24, 2001
Off the field, way off
Visit site
Having read the debate so far........

..........I feel as a co-promotor that I should at least say something.

To all the teams that have entered so far thanks, this is only the begining, next season the UKPL feeder events will in the main be 7man, all sup air, playing millenium rules, maybe we'll see an increase in attendance, if only for practice for the milleniums for the UK's top teams, then all the teams that attend will benefit(the theory), and UK paintball will grow stronger, and be equiped to compete better with our foreign counterparts.

As a result of the co-operation between ther egional organisations, next season will see most domestic tournaments move to the 7man sup-air format, providing the UK team base with at least 24 events nationally.

The Novice scene will also benefit from the introduction of regional novice tournies.

Ah....my question, to Robbo, and All of our UK pro teams, if offered a place at the UKPL finals would you accept it?
"UKPL Champions" does have a nice ring to it, and who knows in time to come.......

As Niall well knows..........The Campaign Cup the oldest and most prestigeous tournament on the calender(in my opinion)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Having read the debate so far........

Originally posted by blakey
Ah....my question, to Robbo, and All of our UK pro teams, if offered a place at the UKPL finals would you accept it?
"UKPL Champions" does have a nice ring to it, and who knows in time to come.......
As far as Nexus are concerned, we regard Paintball as an international sport, we train in the UK but our primary focus is on the world's best 7-man circuit and that is the NPPL.
We might play the occasional Millennium if there are sufficient US pro teams in attendance but for the most part we will be playing Stateside.
When we formed, we set out to be one of the world's best and that is where we remain focussed.
All of our training is directed to that one goal and proving ourselves to be the UK's number one team is not what it's about for us, we wanna be the one of the World's best.
If all the other UK pro teams wanna go for it, then cool, good luck to them all but it ain't on my agenda.
But thanks for asking anyway Blakey :)

blakey

been there, done it.....
Sep 24, 2001
Off the field, way off
Visit site
Who knows one day..............

We could even see an all female team start to challenge for top honours on the domestic and then International circuit.

Robbo, it would be a pleasure to see you guys there, but maybe next year when we move to 7's. Thanks for the time you and the guys spent with our new Ladies team, The Fallen Angels. They appreciated your advice.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I just wanna qualify that post above of mine, when I say the world's best 7- man, this is of course in terms of quaility of opposition across the board.
Their depth of amateur team quality as well as their pros is what we needed to get into if we were gonna learn quick.
I certainly think the Millennium, for the most part, has events that are up there with the NPPL in terms of quality of promotion but the Yanks have sooo many damn good teams to play train crash paintball with at all levels.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
The tiltle says UK's best team... PERIOD
As far as I am concerned there is only one way to determine this.
Firstly what the UKPL is doing is fine and at the end of the year we will have the UK national champion.
Secondly we take the top two UK national teams and put them in a mini tournament with UK International teams. This mini tournament has to backed by all the major sponsors in the UK and has to be the premium event in the UK calender. This gets us the UK's best team, but the main thing about this event is that not only does it give national teams something to aim at but it gives national recognition to all those teams who play mainly the international scene. Both national and international set ups need each other, the trouble with us Brits is we p!ss about with petty bickering and 10 years down the line we have got nowhere.
Get it together and sort it, it may not be as simple to achieve as I have set it out, but then you guys put yourselves in the position of ambassadors of the UK game.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by gaff

if we had done what we had practiced to do would have done a hell of a lot better!!
My point exaxtly matey, you have just admitted a lack of consistency. that was all i was saying. I saw some of your games in Dam and you lot were on fire, but in Toulouse you seemd a little off the boil. Ther eason that Dynasty are the best 7 man team around is because they are consistently very good. Not good one second then plaaying below par the next.

I dont see how anyone can argue that Nexus are not the UK's no1 team at the moment. The results they have had speak for themselves. And at a tournamenmt where all the top UK teams were there, they placed highest. Whilst i would like to see Storm up there, at the moment they are not a concistent team, that was all i was saying. Whereas Tigers and Nexus are.

:)

Loki *Uk*

Aug 12, 2003
Bolton. Lancs
Visit site
I am curious how Robbo feels about the PA cup? In one of his earliest posts he said 'that the tournament which is biggest and with the best teams would decide which team was the best in the UK' ( that is a summary). The PA cup happened with just 12 teams playing. Manchester won, with (according to rumours) Nexus players playng for them. ( dont know how true this is so if I am wrong feel free to correct me). I attended the PA cup and it was excellent, organisation spot on, and very professional, I have sopken to Bill corin who runs WARPIG and spectated the american pro teams 'who believe X-ball is the way to go' and yes I agree that they are way above 'most' UK teams. I have the utmost admiration for NEXUS (especially if they were playing for Mancs) as they handed our arses to us in the PA cup, and we learnt from that experience, but surely as a 'High profile' team they should be encouriging teams and individual paintballers to aspire to there heights, instead of picking faults with the way a person phrased an opinion in these forums then encourage the UK teams to become pros.

Okay thats Andy, getting off his soap box,

Andy:cool:

John_Wilson

Will mark for money!
May 22, 2002
Visit site
From a purely selfish point of view:

1) Will this make it so I can get paid for playing? can I get murray walker commentating (sp?) on my games on a sunday on channel 3? I don't think so back to student loan :(

2) My personal opinion on the "wildcards" is that If I was in a team that worked hard attended all 4 ( I think) events and earned a place in the last tourney, it would royally pi$$ me off if another team got in because a organiser liked them.

Basically, I'd like to know why should I play the ukpl, when I may have to work but other teams don't? will I get in the papers and become rich beyond my student loan?

And I agree with robbo.

Maybe a small change in title would be good.

John

PS are the ugly ducklings in the ukpl final? top of stb?

ices

Banned
Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Doesnt this table take into account "how many" tourneys each team has played?

Coz im preeetty sure kelly's are an awsome team but are way down the table.
or am i wrong?

woz

Tiger Jedi
Sep 18, 2002
England
www.purerush.co.uk
Originally posted by Robbo
Exactly Gaff....couldn't have put it better myself....by the way we played Tigers in Toulouse.....

I think you are trying 2 hint you are the better team here, you say you don't care about the UK no1 title, but its you doing all the crying 'Nexus did good at S7 and we beat tigers at Toulouse, we won Utoxetor, its only are feeder year, blah blah blah but we don't care about Uk no 1 honestly'?

I got $1000 that we (tigers) would beat you black & blue in lets say best of 10 games.

Ye you beat us in Toulouse with the help of Tommy "The cheat" Pembelpuss & are guns going down all over the place, You guys were lucky & you know it.

The Millenniums have had as good if not better opposition than any NPPL S7's, Tigers are the highest ranked UK team in the world. You have 2 do more than beat us in a lucky game 2 be No1 otherwise i think you will find Method are No1 buy your workings out after beating all of us this season at some point well done METHOD ON UK NO1 SPOT.

Woz
:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.