Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The ultimate cliche

oobermybeer

Uni Of Teesside Paintball
Feb 5, 2007
Middlesbrough
i wear high cut walking boots, ir rugby boots, when playing, gives you loads of support, i went over on my ankles once and scared me a fair bit, thought id broke it, haha but in the end it just messed up a nerve, made a real prik of my self screaming and shouting going of sh!t its broke its broke, then 5 min later the pain just went haha :p

Friswell_69

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2006
blackburn
after i broke my ankle playing hockey it became v weak and just slightly twisting it would cause serious pain, but then i had a physio white help trmendously and also i was told to du exercises like hopping up the stairs and just rotating it in circles whilst you watch tv helps stimutale muscle growth, but try and wear a support during games untill they are stronger or the exercises wil be useless if u twist it and it bukles all the time

O

ollytheosteo

It's better than limp wrists I suppose;)

I have arthritic ankles which are only just up to playing but I wouldn't get on the field without these;

http://www.technologyinmotion.co.uk/products.cfm/pid/1486/Ankle/Ankle_Supports/Bioskin_TriLok_Ankle_Support

OK they are expensive but they offer a huge amount of support that can be adjusted over a wide range to suit most problems. The trouble is with the ankle is that it is supported in the main by ligaments and once those are stretched or damaged trying to strengthen the area is tricky, so best to replace the ligaments with external support and perhaps try a wobble board in your downtime to add what strength you can.

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
Strange world

I've got a weak right ankle... I took up photography. :eek:
I played for 14 years, no problems , took up photography, fell over in Bitburg, tore my tendonsin my left ankle, never been the same again:D

Though on a more serious note, Max from Joy told me about putting a big rubber band or bungee cord round your feet and pulling away with your bad ankle, really helped in getting it back to some sort of normality.:cool:

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
all helps

i'm with spangley_special and olley. from
if you use some sort of ankle support and balance it with excercise on a wobble board your chocolate ankles will soon be as tuff as steel, allowing you to eventually ditch the supports.

using a wobble board helps strengthen the stabilising muscles in your legs and helps prevent injury to your ankle, knee and hip.

buy one cheap from ebay about a £10.
the link below has got some really good images on what exercises to do.

www.fitter1.com/exercises_wb.html

woody

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Ankle STRONG!!

Used to sprain my ankles all the time at 5-a-side football. As most have posted, you need to build strength in the supporting muscles around your ankles, to protect against injury.

Wobble boards are great, but I found the best thing was to go jogging, not in the gym on a treadmill, but actually out in the real world and the best kind of jogging is cross country or round your local park or something like that. The uneven ground builds strength in the supporting muscles.

Since doing this I have not had an injury myself, normally inflicting them upon others at football. :D

Edit: I've found ankle supports actually weaken ankles, becuase you kind of rely on them a little, if that makes sense. My 2p worth.

Friswell_69

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2006
blackburn
aparently jogging on sand is the ultimate ankle exersice as of the varrying ground, or if ur a rich fook get one of those crazy new tredmils where the belt its self has things underneath and push up rndomly to create an uneven running serface to make it more real

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Thanks guys. Im not a huge fan of ankle supports in general cause as said before you come to rely on them.

I'll try some of the stuff mentioned.

Many thanks.