Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The vanguard creed

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
What is everyones opinion on the creed?

What sort of upgrades are available for the creed and where can you buy them ?

What markers out there are better for the same sort of price?

Cheers guys ! :)

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
creeds are great, feel nice in the hand and shoot well...
but personally i feel if i was gonna get a poppet gat like the creed, id get an ego :)

MattyD

Jan 19, 2011
In my opinion it is outstanding for the price range, ego and nt cost more and yet they still don't come with a full adjustable oled board as standard nor do they have a rechargeable battery. Fact.

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
im going to be getting a creed 100% anyway, just interested in other peoples opinions on which other markers are better :)

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
In my opinion it is outstanding for the price range, ego and nt cost more and yet they still don't come with a full adjustable oled board as standard nor do they have a rechargeable battery. Fact.
well it depends if you buy new or 2nd hand though..

Mello

Sep 19, 2003
Romford
Visit site
From what I have seen specially 2nd hand you get alot for your money ! and help off these forums is never far away !

If i was looking to buy a marker now i would go for a creed :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com

..and yet the Ego and Dm's still outsell the creeds by a factor of thousands to one mate .. ever wondered why?
I mean, it can't be possible people like to hand over more money for essentially the same product can it?... something else must be making these people purchase gats that are more expensive ... they can't be all fools Matty, surely mate ????

Luke H

Apr 29, 2010
Wrexham
..and yet the Ego and Dm's still outsell the creeds by a factor of thousands to one mate .. ever wondered why?
I mean, it can't be possible people like to hand over more money for essentially the same product can it?... something else must be making these people purchase gats that are more expensive ... they can't be all fools Matty, surely mate ????
There are a few factors to this that I can see, one being that planet eclipse and dye have both been around alot longer than vanguard, so have gained the respect from the paintball community. The second being that vanguard's first attempt at a marker, was majorly flawed, as the 1st gen creed had problems straight out of the box, not the best of buisness plans. Although vanguard have since fixed these problems, the first impression of the company can never be fixed, and will haunt them forever. Although I personally love almost every aspect of the creed, I would honestly prefer to buy an ego, as they come from a much more respectable company.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Duke, let me tell ya something mate, if you got a good product, and even though your company may only be a year old .. you are gonna sell shed loads.
And Duke, if you notice, I didn't say 'sold a lot more', I said 'sell' .. which of course isn't really affected by how long they've both been around.
But I do think your point re the early Creed is an extremely valid one in that it's hard to claw back a bad rep no matter what you try to do ...

A fair time ago, Tom Kaye [genius designer of the original Aurtomag] had this when he tried to sell his markers after bringing out the newer RT Automag; it suffered from really bad spiking problems which were never really fully resolved .. in fact, his company, Air Gun Design, never really recovered from that debacle.

I suppose the moral of the story is, to make damned sure you do as many soak tests as it takes to produce a product that doesn't have inherent design problems ... if not, you run the risk of never living it down .. even if you do eventually bring out a product that works well ... the punishment on this one is sometimes completely disproportionate.