Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Thinking of getting the 12 round TPX mags? Read this first.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Just freindly advice to anyone thinking of stocking up on the 12 round mags, it would appear that people are having issues with the strengh of the springs in them pushing balls past the detents in TP(i)X's, and that the new TCR has two detents possibly to combat this problem, here's the discussion I found about it:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sidearms/263786-better-late-than-never-tippmann-extended-tipx-mags-12-rounds-4.html

Knowing tippmann they'll get it sorted but you may want to wait until its resolved before buying them for a TPX.

Reactions: powie and Brownie

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Quick update, mate bought some at England v Scotland this weekend and they worked fine in his tpx all weekend.

Aartwood

Jul 10, 2013
Think i'll wait before diving into getting these then, have enough trouble with my tipx smooching first strikes as it is!

Mike_Evans@Warped

Oct 8, 2007
By far the most important factor in how well any mag-fed gun works is the paint you use. The best thing to do is to take some out of a bag and leave them for a time, say 30mins. If the ball is still hard and has a crisp shell then it's all good, if the shell has gone soft then the ball in the breach is going to squash allowing the ball beneath it partly into the breach. This will often cause the ball bellow to be chopped. Chop one and get paint on the rest of the balls in the mag and this problem will only me magnified as the paint will mean the balls soften quicker. Of course having a longer, stronger spring will also squash softer balls more meaning that the problem of the second ball in the mag being pushed into the breach will happen sooner even with fresh paint.

Reactions: Canon Fodder