Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

This Accuracy $hit is B/S!!!

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
Sorry Liz I didn't mean it to be offensive, I just took the work "girly" in you post as sarcasm.

Budda F=M x A is a good equasion for mesuring force (Still incomplete though unless volume is a constant), but were not mesuring force were mesuring accuracy. I'll try and work the equation out and post it in a few.

Originally posted by jynxfactor
...but were not mesuring force were mesuring accuracy. I'll try and work the equation out and post it in a few.
Um... The two are interchangeable! All painballs, barrels and bolts are circular! So they are going to be equivalent.

The only issue not relevant is the whole left/right thing, and that is ALL to do with paint fit!

Come on noone want to read an equation considering 4 dimensions! It will require taking too much into consideration to be meaningful! And I think you'll find if you do assemble such an equation you'll find that (suprise suprise) all effects are negligable except umph consistency and paint to barrel match.

As I have said, the whole thing is just too imprecise!

Richard

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
I might have mised something but how's this equation

Ac= ((M x A) / V) x (S-T)

Ac=accuracy
M=mass
A=acceleration
V=volume of air
S=shape
T=turbulance

And Richard your right some what, paintballs are piss poor for balistics due to the shape and rigidity of the shape so the more Turblance the more variation in shape of the PB. And the more variation the less accuracy

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Shape minus Turbulence? Impossible! Shape is not a force!
Also, if you want to measure the accuracy, or difference therein, between two markers, you have to have identical paintballs and barrels, otherwise there are too many variables.
PS, I did study physics, so I'm not thrown off the hook that easy. You equation is way off, even impossible.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Yeah yeah, yadda yadda yadda. My take on this is that some guns do lend themselves not so much to inherent accuracy in and of itself, but in that they tend to be shot more accurately by the user. Why? Balance via weight distribution and the combination of tank, drop forward, barrel weight, even the milling. Oh, and also various internal configurations lend themselves to better consistency, and this is discernable not quite so much among the top end guns, but the difference between the top end guns and many of the lower ones. In short, get it comfortable and pointing right, then consistent, and you have a setup that is going to produce better accuracy with the individual user than one that is not.

Yes, this is inarguable.

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
Budda are you saying that only a force can be fit into an equation? If this is true is Geometry just a sham to inflict pain on middle school kids?

Shape minus turbulance is a mesure of the effect of distortion on the ball caused by the turbulance of the air pushing the ball. I didn't say that the variabls in the equasion would have easly obtainable values.

I'm not trying to through anyone "off the hook" I was trying to give a more complete equasion. I even admited that I could be missing some variabls.

And yes I agree that since no two paintballs or barrles (or markers for that matter) will ever be the same. that a true and perfiect mesurement of accuracy can never be obtained. This is kind of the whole piont of my argument. It just seems to be lost to most. My point is that there is more to accuracy then just the ball to barrel match.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I agree with your last remark wholeheartedly.
I'm just saying that the turbulence as you call it, is irrelevant.
(well, it isn't, but whether high or low pressure is)
By the way, geometry has nothing to do with, physics do. and trust me when I say that I know my physics.
Let's not have an endless yes/no discussion about this, cause in the end Onion is right. Find the marker that works for you, and you'll be fine. If you want to know more about it, have a look around these boards, and you'll find a number of threads about this very same topic.

Later ya'll!

}{y8ri|)

PainTBall DOes ThiS To Me
Jan 31, 2002
uk near a Tower
Visit site
spyder freak barrel shocktech pressure chamber etc

Does a dear marker ie Angel/cocker/impulse/shocker/bushmaster
have better range accuracy ball to ball as well or is it just looks and more b.p.s??

compaired to a spyder

Science and paintball :eek:

Originally posted by jynxfactor
I might have mised something but how's this equation

Ac= ((M x A) / V) x (S-T)

Ac=accuracy
M=mass
A=acceleration
V=volume of air
S=shape
T=turbulance

And Richard your right some what, paintballs are piss poor for balistics due to the shape and rigidity of the shape so the more Turblance the more variation in shape of the PB. And the more variation the less accuracy
Jynx, I don't know if you have studied physics up to the level the Jay and I have (I studied up to the age of 19, possibly not as far as Jay, but far enough to see problems with the equiation). So I hope this isn't patronising but...

Its not that only force can be considered; equations need to be dimensionally homogenous, what this means is that the units on one side of the equation have to be the same as the other (and that you can't add quantaties of differing dimensionality). The F=MA works because Mass units (Kg) multiplied by acceleration (meters per second) give the units of force. You can't add non homogenous parts of an equation so that would have to mean that Shape and turbulance would have to be in the same units (?) and that the unit of accuracy was the Neutons shape per meter cubed.

Accuracy would be better measured in units of angle of deviation vertically from the standard arc, and horrizontally from straight ahead. the effects of the bore to paint bore ratio and so on would still be VERY difficult to establish. Oh and this entire thing would probably have to look at maximum deviation rather than the deviation for each ball since there are too many random factors to consider (i.e crosswind etc).

BTW half the problem is that paintballs are undergoing extreme acceleration (think about it 0 to 300 fps in the space of a foot!) which is about 15 Gs. If the mass of a paintball is about 10 gramms (0.01kg) that would need an expansive force of 1.5 Neutons. Not huge, but a lot on a poor paintball!