Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

This is different

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I too think the image looks mocked up - I said as much to Manike when I first saw it.

Plus I do actually quite dislike it, that foregrip looks way too flimsy and I'm no fan of the emag styling.

But I do like the look of the grip.

Plus we haven't seen the plan or rear views to give an idea of overall shape as it could be 2ft wide for all we know!.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Hmm am looking forward to seeing the rest of the marker, quite fancy a closed bolt electro, :D
According to some of the other pb boards prices may be around the $750 :eek: which I don't think is too bad, obviously we'll be paying about £760 +VAT though :rolleyes:

Needs an I frame though!

Paul.

Bigdog

Aug 3, 2001
Docklands
Visit site
Is it just me, or does that max-flo have too many outputs?
I see one in (side) and two out (hose & bottom).

I like the look of it
I spose the only test would be to get my paws on one & see what it can do.

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
I've no doubt thats some kind of photoshop attempt, techinically speaking I don't see how the thing could work. So the air would go in via the forgrip into what??? The doesn't appear to be any valve chamber and bugger all space beneath the barrel.

Also if this if solenoid operated where are they going fit as they aren't the smallest things in the world!!

Generally you need a ram, solenoid, and valve there just doesn't appear to be be space there. . . as for alternatives well there the Matrix spool design but again there ain't enough space. The only kind of design that would work is a blow forward valve design like the Automag. . . . but I can hardly see SP bringing out a Mag copy!

Interesting design though it'll be interesting to see what the prototype looks like and how it operates.

Steve

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
I doubt that the people at smart parts photoshopped a marker and put it on their website. What are you all, morons? Why would a company put a picture of a photshopped marker at their own website! I could see if somebody just posted it, but this is at their website:rolleyes: ! As for the design,

The emag looks almost identical in body style, and they fit all the parts in that, now didn't they? Obviously this is unlike previous models, and the firing mechanisms are no doubt quite different. Like I said in my first post, it probably operates on somekind of in-line valve system like the automag does. The solenoid could easily be housed either in the back, or in/ partially in the griprframe. And if you look at the maxflo, it has only one output. You probably mistook the fill nipple and on-off switch, it only has one output.

Anyway,
I'm REALLY doubtful that smartparts put a photoshopped marker at their website, and as for the operation, we'll just have to find out when they release them.