Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Thoughts on the dye i5's?

systemx

Peace through superior firepower
Jul 3, 2011
London
Here are the I4's on for comparison, I'd say definitely more protection on the jaw line they just feel more substantial too!

IMG_5784.JPG
IMG_5785.JPG

systemx

Jul 3, 2011
London
You can see the I5's come much lower on my jaw than the I4's in the pics above and I have a reasonably large head!?!? But It's clear that the I5's coverage is definitely a lot better than the I4's.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikey1975

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
They do look miles better on the jaw line what other goggles have you used ie grillz and how do the i5 compare to those sorry for all the questions

systemx

Jul 3, 2011
London
I have used quite a few types over the years such as the JT Pro flex and Pro flex revolution, Events and had a go with the VIO's and had a set of Grills for some time.

The proflex and Revo's always gave very good coverage but as you know are large goggles, same for the Events, I love all three designs still but you have to move on.

Compared to the grills I'd say I prefer the I5's for design and as for coverage I'm going to say near as dam it the same. I don't have a set of grills anymore so can't give a side by side comparison.

I did not like the VIO's at all so I can't really give an unbiased opinion, but I'd say the I5's are much much better all round, however this is a personal opinion only.

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
I have used quite a few types over the years such as the JT Pro flex and Pro flex revolution, Events and had a go with the VIO's and had a set of Grills for some time.

The proflex and Revo's always gave very good coverage but as you know are large goggles, same for the Events, I love all three designs still but you have to move on.

Compared to the grills I'd say I prefer the I5's for design and as for coverage I'm going to say near as dam it the same. I don't have a set of grills anymore so can't give a side by side comparison.

I did not like the VIO's at all so I can't really give an unbiased opinion, but I'd say the I5's are much much better all round, however this is a personal opinion only.
Cool works for me I've had events proflex grillz vio extended just use the grillz and proflex now I'm 99% certain I'm getting the i5

Reactions: systemx

systemx

Jul 3, 2011
London
I have to say I'm impressed with the I5's a lot of thought appears to have gone in to them from the ratchet system on the strap to the increased coverage of the mask as a whole.

I also like the removable foam surrounds on the inside and the fact that it appears DYE have made provision for a sun peak although it will be at further cost (if it ever materialises) I know it's some what old fashioned now but I really miss the peak of the JT's as it really helped to deflect shots away from the forehead/top of head.

I don't think you will be disappointed with a set of I5's and I'd say go for it! However in typical DYE fashion I'm sure the limited edition/special edition colours will be along in a few months.....

My only real criticism of the I5's is that for the money they really should come with a spare clear lens, as the one fitted as you can see is very dark indeed, no good for the British winter I'd suggest but I'll find out at the weekend!

Last edited:

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester

I was looking at getting vios, can I ask why you didn't like them?