Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Thoughts on the dye i5's?

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
If it is the same size as extended vios I might have to have a look at them as I liked the comfort of the i4

k-dog

Mar 14, 2011
cambs
anyone tried a set yet? if they are just a little bigger than the i4s i might try some out...loving the ratchet strap system the more i see it.

Reactions: Schmickle

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
I love my i4s to bits despite having a larger head, so i pre-ordered some with the hope that they will be perfect for my low requirements :)

Reactions: k-dog and Schmickle

k-dog

Mar 14, 2011
cambs
Joke price and the Bluetooth crap can go to hell

But the rest looks utterly brilliant.
yeah...not sure how much the actual system is going to be used...but pricewise ? i thought it was going to be a little higher.
still megabucks but looks a good setup

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
I have tried them on in France.

Basically I compared them to the i4 goggles.

i4's are very small on my face and my chin sticks out of the bottom and even more when I am communicating, the i4's are also very close to the face, well my face anyway.

The i5's seemed a lot more comfortable than the i4 it was slightly further away from your face and the mask is 100% longer and covers my chin like the Vio extend does.

The ratchet buckle on the goggle strap looks bulky on pictures but is very comfortable and needed half a turn from tight to loose this is the best feature on the goggle in my opinion.

Dye actually said to me the module was just a gimmick you can use it to log your G counts, game timer operating pressure and even loader re-set all these have to be done manually by pressing a button every time like on the R2 loader, so the timer for woodlands is the only real benefit on the module at the moment, he did say in the future you would be able to log G counts across your team eventually so you log the G and your hole team is notified, but obviously we cant use this function in tournament sup air.

Just paintball
£150.00 for the goggles
£150.00 for the Module

Overall for a new goggle a lot more comfortable than the i4 goggle and better fitting to your face with the ratchet being the best feature, oh and you can remove the foam and change it for new ones as well.

Reactions: k-dog and mikey1975

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I wore them as well in chantilly. Super comfortable and I loved the ratchet in the back. I won't trade my grills just yet but they are very good

Reactions: mikey1975

k-dog

Mar 14, 2011
cambs
I have tried them on in France.

Basically I compared them to the i4 goggles.

i4's are very small on my face and my chin sticks out of the bottom and even more when I am communicating, the i4's are also very close to the face, well my face anyway.

The i5's seemed a lot more comfortable than the i4 it was slightly further away from your face and the mask is 100% longer and covers my chin like the Vio extend does.

The ratchet buckle on the goggle strap looks bulky on pictures but is very comfortable and needed half a turn from tight to loose this is the best feature on the goggle in my opinion.

Dye actually said to me the module was just a gimmick you can use it to log your G counts, game timer operating pressure and even loader re-set all these have to be done manually by pressing a button every time like on the R2 loader, so the timer for woodlands is the only real benefit on the module at the moment, he did say in the future you would be able to log G counts across your team eventually so you log the G and your hole team is notified, but obviously we cant use this function in tournament sup air.

Just paintball
£150.00 for the goggles
£150.00 for the Module

Overall for a new goggle a lot more comfortable than the i4 goggle and better fitting to your face with the ratchet being the best feature, oh and you can remove the foam and change it for new ones as well.
good news on the sizing then..i do like i4s but just too small for my mug...very interested if the i5s are substantially bigger