Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Thoughts Please ...

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
most of the "old guard" on here will remeber the cost of paint 10 years ago i can remeber paying £100 a box, the cost of markers seems to have stayed the same and tourney entry is pretty much the same. So cost isn't really the big issue for the sport. I agree that keeping the new blood in the game is the hardest thing to do but surely this is down to the guys playing week in week out.

I returned to the sport after about 8 years out, played my first tourney on an air ball field and couldn't believe how much the players perspective of the game had changed.

People screaming at refs, opposition players and team mates. Any new players must be put off by guys with guns getting angry.

I have even found myself doing the above after a few tournaments and before anyone jumps all over this I know it used to happen in the old days but not to the extent it happens now.

And as for sponsoring tournaments not teams what will this do to help the sport?

The entry fee is what keeps tournaments running at the level they are now so i would hope if sites get sponsors for tournaments then that money would go to making the tournament better and improving facilities before dropping prices.

for £40 - £50 you could enter a tourney or what? spend two hours watching a football match or a night out.

lets just welcome and nurture new blood into ballin' with a well organised and friendly setup.

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
if you wanna flame me for being dyslesic then fine get on with:mad: points about flamers on here made. wanna argue other points pm me will expand my thoughts for you. but robbo re read, it did'nt say no new blood needed said we are already getting plenty just need to keep em and organise them properly and make events as cheap as possible ie sponsers
Say what?
The first half of your post means nothing to me. Do you spell even worse when you get mad? Did you accidentally cut and paste one sentence into another sentence?

It actually says that your post was edited. Any chance we could see what it looked like before?

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
Say what?
The first half of your post means nothing to me. Do you spell even worse when you get mad? Did you accidentally cut and paste one sentence into another sentence?

It actually says that your post was edited. Any chance we could see what it looked like before?
fyi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia

If he does indeed suffer from dyslexia that would explain his posts

pestilence

www.ppemporium.com
Jul 6, 2001
Cambs, England
WWW.PPEMPORIUM.CO.UK
For the first time in years, this thread has got me to post on p8ntballer. Dont let it turn into a needless sideshow witch-hunting Biz/ wannabe dysexlics!

On reading Mark Toye and Missy Q's posts I think you have most of the answer right there.... That big show case tournament, but get it promoted through Rec sites. Get thier buy in, and grow that way. With out the new blood, it's just ever decreasing circles...

Ps. Robbo: Pestybollocks? Cant believe you still remember - i'm flattered ;D Anyway - where's Mr. Fuggles post then??

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
most of the "old guard" on here will remeber the cost of paint 10 years ago i can remeber paying £100 a box, the cost of markers seems to have stayed the same and tourney entry is pretty much the same. So cost isn't really the big issue for the sport. I agree that keeping the new blood in the game is the hardest thing to do but surely this is down to the guys playing week in week out.

I returned to the sport after about 8 years out, played my first tourney on an air ball field and couldn't believe how much the players perspective of the game had changed.

People screaming at refs, opposition players and team mates. Any new players must be put off by guys with guns getting angry.

I have even found myself doing the above after a few tournaments and before anyone jumps all over this I know it used to happen in the old days but not to the extent it happens now.

And as for sponsoring tournaments not teams what will this do to help the sport?

The entry fee is what keeps tournaments running at the level they are now so i would hope if sites get sponsors for tournaments then that money would go to making the tournament better and improving facilities before dropping prices.

for £40 - £50 you could enter a tourney or what? spend two hours watching a football match or a night out.

lets just welcome and nurture new blood into ballin' with a well organised and friendly setup.
think phill said what i was going to say, count this as a +1

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I doubt bizy is dyslexic. I work with dyslexic people day in, day out at the moment and whilst im no expert, the way he writes and his spelling do not point to dyslexia. Just bad spelling.
You are right Chris, he isn't, which makes his declaration even more abhorrent because it insults true dyslexics.
Why do so many people do this?
It amazes me why people would stoop so low so as to deflect from the true reason why they can't spell ...they were too bone idle to listen when at school ...this sort of poster sickens me.

Dyslexia is a congenital condition but it does not mean you are stupid, in fact, dyslexics have discovered a truly wonderful invention called 'Spell-check' (/irony off) and will use it every time because they, more than anybody, are well aware of their own condition.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ps. Robbo: Pestybollocks? Cant believe you still remember - i'm flattered ;D Anyway - where's Mr. Fuggles post then??
Of course I remember :)

As for Barry, I will whip him off an email now and remind him of his responsibility to Britball :)
I know he's well busy at the moment because of next week's Millennium in Paris and so let's hope he can find a few minutes for us.

I'm also flattered this thread got you to post .... :)