Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Thoughts Please ...

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
Get the league organisers to work together and Im guessing they can force through any rules/organisation changes on bps, fps, format, etc. Although I think you may have to break out the big whacking stick to do it Robbo, good luck :D Seriously though you have the knowledge, the experience, and respect to do it and get them to listen to you. And Im not trying to suck up, just pointing out what I think of lot of other people are thinking. You're our Luke Skywalker.....our last hope ;)

With the credit crunch on and a general decline hopefully the various organisers will see they have to work together or they all die, and no one wants that. The more people that get onboard though the better, and the names already mentioned/associated are some pretty big names and carry a lot of clout. Fingers crossed it works, but it will take us little guys, (figuratively speaking,) to help as well. There's no point bringing new people in if we don't create a positive front and welcome them in and help them. Everyone needs to be an Ambassador for this sport.

P.S. Am I the only one responding to Robbo ?? lol its scary out here on my own :D

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
I have been absent from this discussion up until now due to the Reading NSPL and Proto KotH events which were held last weekend.

Without going too much over old ground, I would just like to say that some of the points raised and ideas for development here are extremely valid and encouraging. I have already been in touch (briefly) with Wendy and will be attending any meeting out in Paris next weekend. Its true that unification and co-operation have been tried in the past and fell on their asses, but I genuinely feel that now is a good time to try again with a good chance of having positive results.

I will personally support any such venture 100% and will breathe a huge sigh of relief upon its success. Co-operation between UK events is well overdue and essential for the future of tournament paintball in this country.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
We talk about unity and the first thing you see in the training thread is London Shockwave
training at 2 sites on the same day.
That on top of winter tournaments dates that clash.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
my 2p:Dthe transition from punter ball to sup-air is too vast the new guys are going from the woods to getting their asses handed to them, this tends to put alot of people off.a better way would be through walk-ons then from that to limited paint woodland tournies ,that keeps the cost down for newbies which are mainly kids that don,t have alot of money also this format gives us oldies somewhere to go;)where they could possibly nurture the young blood and then they could progress into a limited paint sup-air event with atleast a knowledge off what tournie ball is about in an enviroment they know and also there is not the same travel costs as sup air,because there is a hell of alot more woodland sites who could be brought on board.maybe if the likes of wendy and syd put up a prize of say ,free entry to one of their events for the winner of these events this would give these new guys something to aim for,like what bully used to do by giving free entry to campaign cup for the winner of his series this gives teams something to aim for and also ment alot of teams stayed loyal and tried to do as many events as possible.just remember guys most peoples first taste of paintball is in the woods ,start there with walk-ons and woodland tournies then progress them slowly into sup-air,not punter to sup-air these newbies can,t cope thats why most are going into scenario because it,s a slower pace and it,s what they feel comfortable with as it,s not to far away from a punter day. i know some of you will think nooooooo not the woods this is taking our sport backwards,think guys about our roots thats where most of us started,if sites run tournies they can also run punters at the same time who see another side of paintball and watch and ask questions,thus bringing more new blood to the fold.i here you say why can,t sites have sup-air fields but it,s not viable for most sites to have them as they have to transport most of their kit to the site daily as otherwise it would get nicked.so maybe we have to bite the bullet and take a few steps backwards to move forwards and maybe this time lay a more solid foundation and not just jump ship and think sup-air is the answer to everything:D

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
The trouble is Biscuit, who decides how the woodland events work.
With all the best intentions in the world, you have been championing
this for a while and the woodland tournie scene is in no better shape
than the supair scene
What we want is unity but as we still have a them and us attitude on
both sides of the fence I'll take my chance on the lottery