Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

thumbs up or down for the e-blade cocker

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
ive used cockers for years and since day one of having one people have always said cockers are more acurate....flatter trajectory.

tell you what would be interesting would be to get pgi to do a side by side test of a few markers....they havent done it for years.....clamp the markers in a bench vice so they cant move and throw a case of paint thru each to see where it lands...distance, accuracy at known ranges and brakes etc....
anyone else think it would make interesting reading?

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Most definately! I'm amazed that no one has done this - I was seriously thinking of setting a test up like this myself.

There is so much hype about different markers and accuracy etc and the physics just don't match the hype.

I think that would be very interesting. And put all these tired debates to bed once and for all.
They should make sure all markers are tested with exactly the same barrels, hoppers and paint batches though.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Aint gonna happen, in fact this discussion has been done before any tests that were conducted would have flaws in them, sure you could maybe get an average but nothing 100% conclusive.
Flash I agree, plus the eblade is an awesome looking bit of kit and isn't that whats important? :D

Jahlad one of the reasons cockers were judged as more accurate was because they didn't have anti double balls and the fact they are closed bolt meant that players had to have a better ball to barrel fit then the competion to avoid the balls roolling out the barrels, better barrel to ball fit meant better consistancy equalling better accuracy.

Paul.
:)

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by Paul_collier
Aint gonna happen, in fact this discussion has been done before any tests that were conducted would have flaws in them, sure you could maybe get an average but nothing 100% conclusive.
:)
I agree - it would never happen at PGI but isn't the fact that there is nothing 100% conclusive, conclusive in itself?

If a test like that doesn't clearly prove that one marker is more accurate than another, it surely proves that it isn't??? :confused:

It's also subjective though dude

and tha mental part is huge...some people are convinced tha Angel has a slight kick to the left, rendering it less accurate, some guys can make killer shots at 50yds with an Automag but couldn't hit a barn door with a Matrix. How YOU hold a gun, how YOU sight etc. has a massive difference.

Remember Robo used to be an awesome, awesome shot with a Mag, yet when he went over to a Shocker with the All As - supposedly the benchmark for accurate guns, according to some other magazine :p - he couldn't hit anything and quit the team.

Was the Shocker less accurate than the Mag? Nope. Was it in Robo's hands? Yep.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
true...i hadnt thought of it like that really...i suppose realistically the right tools in the right hands will do the job

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
TJ - I totally agree with were you are coming from and I'm sure that accounts for a lot of it.

However, even taking into account what you have said you still get people saying that 'x' marker is more accurate than 'z' marker. And it's not just the odd person either. For example - LOADS of people say that cockers are more accurate markers than x/y/z marker. If they are - fantastic, I'll have one...

But what I would like to know is - are they? Really? Irrespective of the person holding the marker, is it possible that mechanics of a particular marker (excluding paint and barrel match) can contribute to the accuracy?

However I also accept that if a marker is clamped down it negates the possibility of inaccuracy due to kick etc.

But as this is such an area of debate I find it astounding that so little research (however crude) has been carried out. Or rather it already has and so few people take heed of it...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
If the paint, windage, barrell and fps are the same, then no matter wot gun u got, it's gonna shoot the same in a benched single shot test.

Recharge time affects accuracy if it falls below firing frequency for obvious reasons.

You must also remember these barrels are generally made on center lathes that have a working manufacturing accuracy of one tenth of a thou.
Paintballs however, differ + or - 15 thou giving a total possible variance of 30 thou from ball to ball.

Accuracy is all in the eye of the holder !!!!

Anything else is just people indulging in bull**** :)

Science, such a wonderful tool for wresting crap from people's mouths, including my own :):):)

Hee hee

Robbo

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
yep i suppose that is all true, the only way you would get any difference between any markers would be to rapid fire them and then any differences would be due to the mech of the marker....ie more to do with recharge times etc

assuming everything else is equal etc....