Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Thunderflash...

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
I'd imagine your hand would feel hot. Maybe a bit stingy with a side effect of hearing loss for a second or two lol That's why I chuck them at people

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It also depends on what grade it is
I'm less keen on having a mk9 go off in my hand then a mk5

Read the instructions and they will tell you how far away you should be - (also the instructions will tell you not to throw them at people)

But they are made with safety in mind and are made up with cardboard not pieces to fragment
You would still get a small explosion in your hand

At sennybridge 1 this happened to one of our guys due to a brand with poor processes and quality control
The fuse and the ignition were together and contaminated on manufacturer. Instead of striking, burning down the fuse and then going bang it just went bang - mk9 in his hand
This all took place on camera and there is a sequence of him pulling out a flash bang, preparing, turning into a cloud of smoke then the remnants of his glove
Without a decent glove it would have been flesh instead of a sore hand

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
Jesus christ, I'm asking because the other time I was marshalling I had to use a thunderflash as the customer is underage, and I realised the fuse was really short it was roughly just 4 seconds short. Not sure if I want to go near them anymore...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Respect the pyro, be sensible and it's safe
Use pyro from reputable suppliers

With a glance at my signature block you should notice my sponsor
Without blatent advertising they are well reputed and they have worked on recent European standards in the industry

4 seconds is plenty time, look, ignite, throw
(With smoke make that: look, ignite, wait for ignition sparks etc to be replaced by smoke, then throw)

Idealy I'd recommend wearing gloves playing and marshalling anyway. At the minimum a hit to a cold finger stings. Marshalling you don't get the painkilling effects of pumped adrenaline