Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann A5 Cyclone Feeding Not Working

Alien67

Aug 25, 2009
Hi, this may have already been discussed but cant seem to find anything. Just brought a tippmann A5 from this forum and the feeder doesnt seem to be working on its own. i can push it the metal part on the outside and it loads a single ball but after that it doesnt do it automatically. i took the whole thing apart and put it all back together and also i cant seem to find a leak. Me and my mate are scratching our heads now, can anyone help

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
You need to replace the ratchet. It is located in the lower section of the cyclone. You can access it through the bottom plate on the cyclone housing. Get a tech T rachet, rather than the standard plastic one.

Its rarely an air issue (unless you're trying to fire it with only a small amount of air in the tank?). Check the banjo fittings and the macro on the side to make sure they'reok, but I'm betting 10p its the rachet. Inspect it carefully.

Other than that, could be the o-ring on the rod (that attaches to the rachet) and check its all lubed up.

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Yes it will still spin, but you need to check the teeth on the ratchet - if they are worn just slightly that can cause the issue, and is usually the main culprit when it comes to cyclones not feeding. Do you have a friend with an A5 that is working that you can just switch the ratchet over to see?

Alien67

Aug 25, 2009
thanks for the advice ainsley. I found out that the problem had nothing to do with the cyclone. i replaced the cyclone with my mates and his didnt work as well. again i tried my cyclone on his a5 and it did work. spoke to bz paintballs and think we came to the conclusion is was the drive spring in the marker it self. i was asked to turn the velocity all the way in and fire it. the cyclone did spin and he said there isnt enough backward power to spin the cyclone. so gonna replace the spring. thought i put this up for future reference for anyone who may have the same problem. i ll keep ppl updated