Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann A5 cyclone problem

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
Newbe here
First time out with my son and his 2nd hand tippmann a5.
First thing we gassed it up and it sounded really good and shot straight on the range.
Then out in the field the adjustable stock fell off, then the trigger would not work.
A spring and piston(?) had fallen out, found them then the cyclone would not auto feed, another player took it to bits but we could see nothing wrong.
Thinking it may be the ratchet as we have air from the feed side, i have seen the techt upgrade kit but at £80 it seems a luxury.

Where to start? I'm thinking new standard ratchet bits and possibly new soft feeder blades

Any other ideas?
Thanks
Ray

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
Thank you.
I have just had a look myself, if you push the blades just a tiny bit they move when the marker is fired, no movement at all without a tiny push
Thinking new o rings, re oil and try again

The upgraded Techt Q.E.P.H can i not just drill holes to copy that?

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
Just ordered the larger of the spares kit, oil and squishy paddles
That's another £50 he owes me!!!

Reactions: SSray3

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
Replaced the 4 external o rings that feed air to the cyclone as 3 were missing, no change

Next job is replace the hard bits in the cyclone for the soft ones, lube everything and make sure its not too tight

Reactions: dfr350

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
Ran out of air, if i can't get to the site where do i get my bottle refilled?

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
Played today, gassed the tippmann up and still no cyclone, my son was ok manually loading as he has'nt used it in anger yet but the chrno was only showing 160fps and the max was 175 when I adjusted it.
I'm going to send it off for a service, should be this week

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
Justpaintball have had it for about a month, seems they are too busy.
Ringing in the morning.
Tipp 98c purchased in other thread