Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann A5 going full auto after 6-8 burst.

dsr9024

May 24, 2021
My A5 is running like a well oiled machine until my last couple of games where it would go full auto after doing a quick burst of 6-8 shots, I would grab the cocking handle to stop it then re cock it and boom running great again until i did another quick burst, any ideas?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
My A5 is running like a well oiled machine until my last couple of games where it would go full auto after doing a quick burst of 6-8 shots, I would grab the cocking handle to stop it then re cock it and boom running great again until i did another quick burst, any ideas?
This will happen when the air gets too low to fully recock itself on the sear - (particularly if it seemed to burp for the burst)
This would make sense for the last games, unless of course you had refilled your air

Potentially it could be a lower pressure regulator on your cylinder which isn’t refreshing quickly enough and starving the A5 of enough air to fully recock, but recovering after each burst when you manually cock

Next perhaps a clean up. Wipe down the insides, check the main bolt o-ring, give it some fresh oil/lube

After that check the sear & bolt condition for any wear that could stop them getting good contact to lock open

Reactions: ant290