Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann A5 shot pet bottle

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
since i have had my A5 i have noticed ti loves the air, it seems to empty my HPA bottles really quickly.

with a ZEN HPA bottle (48cu @ 2500psi) i would get anything between 200 to 300 shots

i turned the response trigger off and ran a GI sport bottle (68cu @3000psi (gun shop couldn't get it to 4500)) and got around 800 to 1000 shots...

does this sound about right of is it worth looking into the air usage?

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
They do seem reasonable to me (at least your second figures)

Your 800-1000 on 68/3000psi is in the region of an 'average' gun on scuba toys
But the 200-300 on 48/2500 is worse than 'gas pig' (even taking into account the lesser starting pressure)

http://www.scubatoys.com/paintball/paintballshots.asp

It tends to make sense for an a5 to be a gas pig, but reasonable numbers can be got out of an a5. I have in the past run my x7 on various cylinders, including once in short mode on limited paint with a 13ci/3000psi I can't remember the count but it was something like the scuba toys average of 150 shots
I had reduced velocity, but with my short 3" barrel, which is not efficient (I can switch barrels between normal and 3" and be confident of 280fps on a standard barrel, 250fps on 3" without adjusting anything

I remember that I got a good number of shots (3 full loads of a 50 round tac cap and possibly a small number more) as long as I made single shots, when I was quicker on the trigger it just killed the air - I know I used one tac cap load, reloaded, then ran across a clearing - pop pop pop burp. So halved with less than two tac caps worth of shots

The response trigger is 'air assisted' but I don't know if it is reasonable for that to account for your efficiency loss