Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann bravo one, first upgrade

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
Understanding that I only got it uesterday and have not used it yet and will be 'testing' it on sunday.
My main gripe with the markers I have used mostly hire ones and one go at a tippy a5, is the paintballs going all over the place

So I am thinking I woukd be better off with a apex barrell rather than a no kick piston thing
Any more ideas?
Ta Ray

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Understanding that I only got it uesterday and have not used it yet and will be 'testing' it on sunday.
My main gripe with the markers I have used mostly hire ones and one go at a tippy a5, is the paintballs going all over the place

So I am thinking I woukd be better off with a apex barrell rather than a no kick piston thing
Any more ideas?
Ta Ray
The main issues with rental guns is low quality, hardy, inconsistent paint and that the guns have been used by hundreds of players before you followed by quick cleans by the site staff

See how it shoots, ideally use a ‘better’ grade of paint, fine tune over the chrono - don’t just get as near to 280fps etc that you can get, dial down a little, fire a few balls off, adjust and fire again, see what works for the best consistency.

An apex will allow you to impart some backspin (or side spin etc) but see what results you get first.
You could put your money into a barrel kit, but could just as well get a couple of alternative barrels of slightly different bore sizes and then each time you play with a new batch of balls try a couple of barrels and see what fits best

Don’t be tempted to upgrade something just for upgrades sake, learn your guns best features and foibles before buying something and anything just because you can

Reactions: Ssray

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
A cheap powered hopper will make your life better as well. Something like a Halo 2

Decent paint will make the biggest difference as Tom already said :)

Reactions: Ssray

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
First upgrade sorted its a . .........
New mask, I have an old jt but after walking yo the field and doing one game it was all steamed up.
The marker shot really well, a bit of a curve on it which got me at least one kill, but I need better vision before I can decide what to do next

Reactions: dfr350 and Tom

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
Good decision :)

Can get some bargains second hand especially on forums like these as people have a tendancy to look after there kit and are honest about the lenses condition when they sell them.

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
I'm getting a new one for my birthday, not up to seller/buyer status yet
Thanks

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
After my and my 14yr old sons first walkon on sunday the first upgrade is to sell the tippmann and get a empire axe pro.
The new mask was very good but I ended up using a empire e3 with a borrowed powered hopper.
The tippmann was quite heavy to carry point and shoot, with the empire being more fun too

Ssray

Oct 1, 2017
I prefer playing with my empire e3(?) Than the bravo one, i have just put a powered hopper on it.
The tippmann will be sold for a axe pro